Holiday Decorations 2011....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay dont laugh this is the first time we have done a tree. We have friends coming with two great kids for Sunday Lunch and we did not want any awkward questions re our lack of christmas decs so we set this up yesterday. When the room is dark and the fire is roaring I thought it looked good so we are leaving it up after they have gone,if you click on the pic it looks bigger and better
garden & BBQ 521.jpg

Last edited:
Babe, did the cats leave your tree alone?

Jabbur, how did yours turn out?

Bolas, your tree looks great! Tinsel? Check. Tree topper? Check. Decoration? Check. The fire burning in the fireplace is obviously going above and beyond. You get a gold star for this one!

No tree here. We crossed Christmas off our list of things we MUST do in 2003. No gifts, no decorations, no tree. I used to make myself crazy getting ready for Christmas and then putting everything away in January. We still use the Spode XMas dishes (although, I'm thinking of getting rid of those), eat, watch movies, and snow shoe on Christmas Day while the turkey cooks. No stress! No mess (other than the kitchen).

Beautiful Kayelle. I stopped having trees a few years ago...got tired of redecorating them twice a day. It was a choice between cats and tree...the cats narrowly won. :)

We bought a tree with fibre optic lighting. We don't put any decorations on it. The furry monster has no dangly things to tempt him.

Babe, did the cats leave your tree alone?

Jabbur, how did yours turn out?

Bolas, your tree looks great! Tinsel? Check. Tree topper? Check. Decoration? Check. The fire burning in the fireplace is obviously going above and beyond. You get a gold star for this one!

yes my boys have left it alone. the gravel made the container just to heavy for them to push. i have part of my teddy bear collection around the tree . and they do push them around. but good old charlie opened the door to my craft closet. he took out several ornaments . he took them into the sunroom. broke one, he did all this during the night. he always finds something to get into. but i love him to pieces. :LOL::LOL:

yes my boys have left it alone. the gravel made the container just to heavy for them to push. i have part of my teddy bear collection around the tree . and they do push them around. but good old charlie opened the door to my craft closet. he took out several ornaments . he took them into the sunroom. broke one, he did all this during the night. he always finds something to get into. but i love him to pieces. :LOL::LOL:

My cats dig in the cabinets, too! Goofy girls!

Babe, I think that may be part of Charlie's job description. :LOL:

Bolas,

The tree is nice but, I really like the rabbit!

The rabbit really is awesome!

All day marathon of "Firefly" on the Science channel on Christmas Day...I'm set.

OH! I'll bet I won't get by with trying to watch that. Then again...*schemes*

We bought a tree with fibre optic lighting. We don't put any decorations on it. The furry monster has no dangly things to tempt him.

I saw one of those in a restaurant last night. It was beautiful!

Luckily, Shrek likes "Firefly," too! Although he has already pointed out that we have the entire series on DVD and the movie, "Serenity." The 27th is when we will be celebrating, but I still don't know what Shrek has planned.

How funny! Fiona, I have a friend who just loves what she calls "Charlie Brown Christmas Trees." Yours definitely qualifies! Bolas, we traveled the US in a trailer for 3 years and you'd be amazed at what we used for trees. After the season ended, we'd find something to do with whatever plant we decorated. I think my favorite was a rosemary bush. I will say something, after a few weeks you can get pretty tired of the scent of rosemary permeating your entire life. But, on the other hand, we knew of an old widow lady in the trailer park we were staying in in Louisiana who had a nice herb garden and no rosemary, so the day we motored on, we left it on her doorstep.

last year, my first with charlie, i bought on line a lot of country ornaments. cloth stockings and metal angels, trees, and stars. so even if he messes with tree, he can't break anything. the ones in found in craft closet to break were from a different tree.

Were supposed to go trudging through the mud to cut our own tree today. Hubby and I would prefer to have an artificial tree from now on. Our kids want a traditional real tree.
Fine! They can cut it and haul it in to :)

I've been messing with them that the tree we just got is it! Look guys! we didn't even have to leave the house. :)

I didn't know what to send my Mom, or Uncle, Sister in law for Christmas this year.
Found this adorable tree at PrFlowers. Sent them and hubby's sister one for the holidays....Mom's should all be delivered by the end of the day. My husband secretly bought me one for my desk. Got it last night. My Uncle and sister in law got theirs last night to.

I've got to say it's the most adorable real tree that I've ever seen. They do give you different options for decorations. We went traditional.
It arrived in great shape. The ornaments and lights come in their own special boxes.
The ornaments are wooden, hand painted. I really thought the skiing Angels were adorable. You have the option of making the lights flash or not. Extra fuses came with it. As well as special care instructions.

The tree now is 22". It will grow when transplanted and cared for up to 15' tall.
So everyone can have X-mas all year long.

My Uncle has just moved into his new house. I couldn't have picked a better gift for him. They just loved that tree.

PLTsntawrkshp09

Send Santa's Workshop and other holiday gifts from ProFlowers

Munky.

I wanted to get a small Norfolk pine, but every one of them had glitter sprayed on them. Glitter, I'd be wearing it for the next year, not to mention the cat that would lick it off the tree.

I finally got the ambition to put up the tree and decorate the mantle saturday night at about 10pm. One thing I forgot was that I tossed all of my lights last year, all but one box that had never been opened. I struck out at 10:30 only to find both Target and Walmart to be out of lights, along with one grocery store that I knew usually carried them. I came home and put the one set on the tree and figured that would be OK. Well last night when I get home, my partner was so proud that he had found some lights at the drug store, that I felt compelled to put them on the tree, so I did, and then redecorated it. Now the 6 foot tree has around 500 lights on it, and I'm pretty sure you can see it from space...

bakechef said:
I finally got the ambition to put up the tree and decorate the mantle saturday night at about 10pm. One thing I forgot was that I tossed all of my lights last year, all but one box that had never been opened. I struck out at 10:30 only to find both Target and Walmart to be out of lights, along with one grocery store that I knew usually carried them. I came home and put the one set on the tree and figured that would be OK. Well last night when I get home, my partner was so proud that he had found some lights at the drug store, that I felt compelled to put them on the tree, so I did, and then redecorated it. Now the 6 foot tree has around 500 lights on it, and I'm pretty sure you can see it from space...

What a sweet story, Bakechef! Love a happy ending. Especially if you can see it from space!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom