Holiday Decorations 2011....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We just got finished putting up our tree and I thought it would be fun to have a place for holiday decoration pictures. This is our tree for this year, with and without lights. I love the new color for the walls, and our new plantation shutters too.

img_1076322_0_9c1100e108a93720683b02e2ca8b49d8.jpg
img_1076322_1_7f598ea1e77cd1f4f610365546affe6e.jpg

Kayelle said:
We just got finished putting up our tree and I thought it would be fun to have a place for holiday decoration pictures. This is our tree for this year, with and without lights. I love the new color for the walls, and our new plantation shutters too.

Beautiful, Kayelle! Love the walls and blinds too!

Last edited:
That is a lovely tree!

If the GWW floor lamp comes up missing you will know I stopped by.:LOL:

An old friend taught me that when you sit in the dark and admire the lights on your tree you need to squint your eyes to intensify the sparkle and shine. I do it every year with every tree I meet. It makes me feel like a kid again.:)

Beautiful Kayelle. I stopped having trees a few years ago...got tired of redecorating them twice a day. It was a choice between cats and tree...the cats narrowly won. :)

beautiful tree. now don't laugh, my tree is also decorated. currently it is sitting in the shower stall of second bathroom. been there since last christmas. i never use that shower. so i thought why put everything away just to drag it out this year. so next couple of days, i will move it to the living room.

beautiful tree. now don't laugh, my tree is also decorated. currently it is sitting in the shower stall of second bathroom. been there since last christmas. i never use that shower. so i thought why put everything away just to drag it out this year. so next couple of days, i will move it to the living room.

That is brilliant Babe! Fantastic tip!

babetoo said:

I think it's brilliant too, Babe!

Babe, that really is a good idea. Kayelle, your tree is beautiful and looks fantastic against your dark walls! I have a light color picked out for my walls...which I would love to get painted in 2012. *writes to Santa*

We have our first artificial tree. The last few times that we put up the large tree, we would purchase a live tree, but then Frank's fingers and arms would itch for a few days. We put the new tree up yesterday, and then decorated it today. Tomorrow, I hope to pick-up and clean-up a bit. Honestly, it felt good just to do something after being under the weather all week!

PF, the blue bottle on the mantle is filled with water. It's the current anti-kitty vs. tree plan. The older kitty has never cared about the tree except she loves to lay on the tree skirt. The younger one...well, let's just say I've never seen such huge eyes on a cat before as this one has when she looks at the tree. :rolleyes: So far, we have only had issues with the younger kitty chewing on a tree branch and curling around the manger.

We buy a new ornament each year. When we get this year's ornament, I'll upload the picture of it.

Aunt Bea, I noticed that floor lamp too. :)

Attachments

• New Tree.jpg
    New Tree.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Very nice tree Kathleen!

The cat problem only happened when we were asleep or at work. Get home from work, put the tree back up. Wake up, put the tree back up. And two cats sitting there with wide eyes and halos. The bouquet my Mom sent for my birthday was lunch for the Bratty Two.

Very nice tree Kathleen!

The cat problem only happened when we were asleep or at work. Get home from work, put the tree back up. Wake up, put the tree back up. And two cats sitting there with wide eyes and halos. The bouquet my Mom sent for my birthday was lunch for the Bratty Two.

Salad! :LOL:

Our Tree Is Up..

Charlie Brown trees are awesome! So cute!

Love the light on your CB tree, PF.

:)

Beautiful tree, Kathleen!

Very cute, Luckytrim and PF!!!

Come on guys, this is the first weekend in Dec now......didn't anyone put up a tree today? Three weeks from today is Christmas Eve!! Show us your stuff. :)

Very nice tree Kathleen!

my tree is currently laying on the table. charlie seems to think his mission is to knock it over.:( going to try putting rocks in holder. maybe he can't knock it over. if i does, i am just giving up. only for me anyway. :glare:

Steve just put an "Ammeter' on this tree. Somebody hold me up, I'm about to faint!

This 1,000 bulb tree is pulling 900 watts!! Good grief, that's like having 9 one hundred watts bulbs burning in this house!! I can hear my dear long passed daddy yelling "turn those lights off"!

Think I'll just turn it on for an hour a night.

Back
Top Bottom