Holiday gifts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what are you asking to get for your holiday gifts?
i'm asking for French Chef 2 boxed (rest her soul), Le Cordon Bleu boxedset, French laundry cookbook amongst others, kitchen items, similar items.
would dearly appreciate an Escoffier cookbook, also.
what would you like?

Last edited:
Lou and I are headed back to New Orleans, this time for Mardi Gras...so...we're keeping it light this christmas to facilitate the trip. However...what girl doesn't like to unwrap something, hmmm??

I wouldn't mind a new covered loveseat/swing for the yard. The older one has possibly seen it's last summer.

Umm....

If you check back in about 6 weeks, I may have some sort of idea...

:unsure:

John

Let's see...

I would love to receive an electric motor to retrofit my manual pasta machine. Arthur (itis) and carpal tunnel syndrome are causing great pain when I hand-crank the sucker.

A new 10-inch nonstick skillet. My old one is over 25-years-old and rapidly showing its age even though I've taken good care of it.

Some CDs by Il Divo. A copy of John Grisham's Skipping Christmas. One of the funniest books I've ever read.

Continued good health and...more grandchildren.:LOL:

JoAnn L. said:
I love to get gift certifcates from Borders, Michaels and Hobby Lobby.:wub:

I'm the same way....just give me gift certificates from my favorite stores! :)

Really at our age, if we want it, we have it. I know it's tough for the whole family.

Cash is the gift that keeps on giving. I try not o give cash though because I get the "thats not thoughtfull" schpeel....I am a terrible shoper:(

See I see it as a very thoughtful gift cause you're thinking enough about that person to let them get whatever they desire.

?? I haven't even thought of what to get others yet, way too early to start on my "wants".

Is it really two days before Christmas already?:LOL:

Seriously, an AC 2 qt. saute (Already have the larger ones:cool:), and the Escoffier. Other than that, I like to be surprised.

lol bullseye, you and me, and ten billion other guys from jersey all wait 'till the last 2 days.

i am unfortunate enough to live within spittin' distance of 4 malls: riverside square, garden state plaza, bergen mall, and willowbrook. then there's rockaway mall, the mall at short hills, bridgewater commons, nanuet mall, palisades square mall, the crossings, and woodbury commons if i want to drive a little distance. so giving money is never an option. you can't be that lazy and get away with it. :(

Buckytom- if that's where and when you shop- you've probably met my husband!!!!I like to be finished shopping by the 2nd week in December so I can non-stop bake.Love and energy, Vicki

Cookbooks, diamond stud earrings (I won't hold my breath:rolleyes: ), money or giftcards (so I can buy some clothes for work), a bottle of perfume I smelled the other day & really liked called Kiss (as in the band), & there was something else but I can't remember what it was:ermm: .

Back
Top Bottom