Holy Hitchcock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Looked out the window and saw Birds........ hundreds of birds, in nearby trees, on rooftops, in the street.....................even more amazing ; they were all ROBINS !

It's 'sexier' to scream like Tippi Hedren and I'd be tempted to. :)

But robins are usually in large flocks. Some will even overwinter, as this group did.
Our flocks would always be non-existent one day and there by the hundreds the next day---- perfect timing for when the oakworms started dropping from the huge oaks.

If you have any Pyracanthas around, wait until the red berries start to ferment. Then you'll have a bunch of drunk Robins around! Funny to watch until they fly into closed windows and break their neck. :(

If those are harbingers of spring, you have a lot of spring coming your way! I know, like cave said, lots of robins will overwinter. We have quite a few American goldfinches in our area. One winter, while looking out the kitchen window in the back, the bare winter ground appeared to be moving. :huh: All at once, this giant cloud of birds rose up as one, moved about 20 feet north, then set back down again. It was hundreds of goldfinches! Guess they decided to go out for lunch together that day. :)

CG---- what a thrill to have that many goldfinches! Their song is so pretty. We only had a few that came, nested and hatched and left!

When I lived in Texas, I had 27 trees in my back yard. It filled up every winter with birds that had flown south for the season. Every morning when they woke up, they would make a racket that would wake the dead. :angel:

The usually aren't that plentiful in the warm weather - maybe a dozen at tops? I love watching them fly, like they have balance problems. They look like Woodstock from the "Peanuts" cartoons! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom