Home or Restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I'm the shopper, prep person, cook, and often cleaner upper, dinner OUT is a wonderful treat. I love to go try something new and then try to make it myself at home another time. So I'd say restaurant is a treat for me..Besides when I cook it, I usually get about 3 bites before I'm on the run for someone who wants more of this or that:LOL: kadesma

With the exception of a rare pizza delivery or Chinese take out (obsolete now that our only small-town Chinese restaurant closed), if I eat at home, I'm cooking. The fact is, if someone else is cooking, I also want them to serve and clean up AND provide some atmosphere. I like to cook, so getting food from somewhere else isn't the issue. Getting out of the house, and having someone do all the other c--p that goes with cooking a meal, having someone wait on me -- well, that's half the point.

it depends... doener kebap is an always-home-thing, chinese is an always-out-thing...
and the pizza? Depends on our mood, but now there is no italian restaurant for the next weeks.

I prefer to eat at home, because at home I can prepare the food to my liking, spend less money, and generally the food tastes better. But I would agree with RDG that for some dishes I just don't have the skill or technology to make at home and it is just easier at times to eat out.

Corinne said:
I think we're missing the point of D.S.'s question. If you are going to eat food that was prepared by a restaurant, would you rather eat it at the restaurant or take it home with you & eat it there?
May be I hadn't understood. In this case, absolutely at restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom