"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-14-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Home or Restaurant?

Would you rather eat a great meal at home (via take-out) ORRRRRRR...... eat at the restaurant?
Im curious as to way either way! SO dish the dirt.

-DEADLY SUSHI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:06 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
99% of the time.. I'd rather eat at home. Alone and quite.
But, sometimes I just feel the need to be SERVED instead of doing the serving.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
It depends who I am with. If I am with certain members of my family eating at a restaurant can be embaressing. I would like a nice quiet romantic dinner anywhere with my husband but he is not really a romantic kind of guy.
" Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it" Psalm 127:1 God Bless You!!

erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:15 AM   #4
Head Chef
If we are talking fine dining, prefer the restaurant.

I think it is the entire experience that helps make the meal a truly enjoyable experience.

Also a perfectly cooked dish will often not stay that way for long, in my opinion anyway, and is best tasted freshly made.

But as far as food from the usual, run-of-the-mill chain restaurant goes, much prefer tale-out.
auntdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:25 AM   #5
Executive Chef
We rarely go out, so I'd have to say I'd prefer to have dinner out. Dinner at home could be nice but there is an ominous feeling about the dishes when we're done eating. Dinner at home seems like it's a rush sometimes, a rush to get the kids to bed and start cleaning. A rush to get everything done so I can relax. If we go out, someone else is serving me and even though I still have to tend to the kids it is more relaxing. When we're out, I don't have to worry about the mess until we get home.

Another thing is we get stuck in ruts, eating the same meals. When we go out, I get to order seafood (dh doesn't like it, so I never cook it). We get to have something different than usual.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
Assistant Cook
At home. I enjoy cooking so much that eating out has become a frustrating experience! Plus, I'm quite calories-conscious and I'm kind of scared of food I have not prepared myself...

But I enjoy eating out every once in a while. It's a good way to discover new cuisines and dishes!
My food pictures gallery
Tartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #7
Executive Chef
I'll take a fine meal served in the comfort of my home any day, any time.
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:50 AM   #8
Executive Chef
Restaurant. It's always nice to have food prepared for you, especially when you've been doing it for others.
"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
ironchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:23 AM   #9
Executive Chef
Restaurant. I love the experience of going somewhere special and not having to THINK about shopping for the food!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:36 AM   #10
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I prefer dining at home, especially if everything that has been used go wash and dry themselves and go back to where they are stored all by themselves without my having to bother with them

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote