"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I've been to all the ones you mentioned and my favorite of course were the cookware parties. BTW, does Tupperware have a lifetime warranty? I have some items that need replacement. Any consultants you can get me in touch with to get these replaced? Thanks my friend.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Dina,

Unless they have changed their policy they do have a lifetime warranty. It doesn't cover certain things. For instance if you warp a non-microwave safe dish in the microwave, melt something on the stove (I have a couple seals that got messed up by touching something hot--stupid me!), or if it says not to wash in the dishwasher and it gets warped there. But it does cover a lot. Try Tupperware - the official World Web Site for Tupperware Products. You should be able to find a local representative there.

Barbara

Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I dont like any of them I once went to a Longaberry{sp?} party and bought a metal pie stand that held 2 ceramic pie plates for like $105.00 what a rip off I felt so stupid when I saw pretty much the same thing every where for less than $20.00 I didn't even really want it but felt obligated.I will never do that again.You are paying for a name and thats it, I eventually gave the the stupid thing to a friend.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thanks Barb. Checked into it already and they won't replace since they are warped from heat. No worries.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Yeah, one really needs to be on guard at those things JP! I have learned not to feel obligated to buy anything, and I don't if I don't want something. I have always been friends with the people who invited me to parties, and if I don't buy, they understand. If I am not interested in the product at all, I don't go to the party (An exception to this would be if my daughter or my best friend was having one and just wanted me there for the party). I also let the hostess know beforehand if I feel I might not be able to buy anything, and they have always been understanding. None of my friends have ever tried to pressure anyone at a party to buy just so she (the hostess) could get more free stuff. I know there are some people who do that though. I think these are the same kind of people who invite the friend of a friend's niece's cousin's aunt to their weddings just to get more gifts! And we certainly don't need to feel obligated to buy to help that kind of person! So, bottom line: If the hostess is a friend, she will understand. If the hostess doesn't understand, she might not be such a good friend!

Barbara
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #16
Master Chef

The most interesting one I've been to was a pearl party. The sales person had a bucket of oysters and you picked out one and she opened it and told you what size pearl and how much it was worth. Everyone got to have an oyster opened. You had to pay extra if you wanted 2 or if you got a large one and wanted more you could trade it in and get 2. You either paid for the pearl at market value or paid for a setting. If you paid for the pearl, you take it home in a baggie. If you buy a setting, the sales person takes it and your jewlery is shipped to the hostess. It was kind of fun and definitely unusual. I got a fairly large pearl and had it set in a necklace.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:42 AM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I forgot about that one jabbur! My mom went to a pearl party in San Diego. James doesn't understand why anyone likes pearls (he likes gems) but I love them and think a pearl party would be fun!

Barbara
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 AM   #18
Master Chef

I enjoyed it because it was so different from other jewlery parties and way different from Tupperware and Pampered Chef type things.