"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #171
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
I don't know Addie. I just learned, about a month ago, that the joint I have has a 56% failure rate. Apparently that's not new news and there is currently a class action lawsuit against the manufacturer, but I'm not sure if the suit is in reference to the joint I have.

I'm in no hurry to pursue anything. I just want this to be over and to be able to get back to some semblance of normal.
This is probably a bit over-cautious but perhaps you should consider not talking about a 'possible' lawsuit on a public board? Maybe it's way over-cautious---- but..........

cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #172
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
This is probably a bit over-cautious but perhaps you should consider not talking about a 'possible' lawsuit on a public board? Maybe it's way over-cautious---- but..........
Good point, cave, but the only suit that I'm aware of is the current class action one. I'm not a "suer" person so this will, likely, go nowhere. I'm just very disappointed and ready to get my mobility back.

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #173
Executive Chef
Katie, a friend of mine had similar issues with knee surgery where it had to be done a second time. It's bad enough to have to go through that the first time! Hope you get fixed up soon.

I can't believe it, but my husband has conceded to the home made laundry soap. Makes me wonder what he wants or what he did. I was going to just continue to use it for my shirts, but now he said he will let me wash towels and his clothes one time, but if he gets a rash then that will be it. He will not get a rash. He must have been reading over my shoulder when I said I was going to deduct it out of his gambling allowance.
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #174
Note: New batch today. July 21,2016.

Last batch's date wasn't recorded dang it.

BTW Katie I plan to try your ziploc plan next time. Just needed some in a hurry this time so went with the fast recipe that I already knew. Still have 4 bars of Fels so I might do a batch this week to have in reserve. Considering having one jug that I can put some tea tree oil in for my laundry. (Ken hates it but I love it!)

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote