Homeopathy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B'sgirl

Sous Chef
So my 2 year old son has had a lot of digestive and immune system problems. I've taken him to several doctors and they are pretty much useless so we are looking into other options. I took him to a chiropractor and today I took him to a homeopathic doctor. I'm a bit skeptical of the homeopathy-natural-medicine thing although the test seemed fairly accurate. Have any of you ever tried or had experience with it?

I have, but not with human's. I was given a beautiful Great Dane, whom the breeder got back because the owners gave up on her having puppies. The one condition for me acquiring her free was I would allow the breeder to breed her to her new up and coming stud dog she was so excited about. She was and still is heavily into Homeopathic Medicine and she gave me the homeopathic meds and instructions. She soon came into heat for the first time in her life and I brought her back to the breeder for a little liason and after only one cover she blessed us with 16 puppies 9 weeks later.
If traditional doctors are not working I would seriously consider it. Good luck with him and let us know how he is doing.

Take your time and do your homework. There are A LOT of scams and dangerous
treatments out there.
Remember, the very nature of a homeopathic medicine means that regular tap water
scientifically has about the same amount of "active ingredients". Which makes it
PERFECT for scams and ripoffs and worse.
Good luck!

Take your time and do your homework. There are A LOT of scams and dangerous
treatments out there.
Remember, the very nature of a homeopathic medicine means that regular tap water
scientifically has about the same amount of "active ingredients". Which makes it
PERFECT for scams and ripoffs and worse.
Good luck!

I couldn't have said it better. There are those that will sell you anything to make money because they know you don't really know what they're selling you or what they themselves are doing. This is one of the biggest scams going. People who are in pain or suffering from something that is not responding to medicine are the best targets because they will try anything and some will believe anything. Very sad, but true.

I'm not saying that all homeopathic medicine is a scam but be very careful. Maybe you need to find the right medical doctor. Is it possible that your son has something that is rare and not in the medical mainstream?

I can't say that we do it regularly, but on a semi regular bases we take kids to a homeopath. And I have to say the years we have taken kids to that doctor, they weather the flu season like nothing ever happened. And on the opposite when we did not and have taken kids and given them flu shots they were sick all winter. The one good thing about homeopathy it doesn't hurt, even if it doesn't help. It's not cheap, but it could definitely help. You have to find a good doctor. One that you can really trust.

Just use your common sense. A lot of what they say is right.

Can you find an osteopath where you live? They are licensed doctors who use a more homeopathic approach. I had one for a while, and she helped me more than any other doctor I've ever had. Unfortunately, she couldn't make a living here, and left.

is it homey-op-athy, or homeo-pathy?

before you go to a chiropractor, check out Chiropractic Stroke Victims Awareness Group, LLC

be careful with them.

but i go to a doc of osteopathy (osteo-pathy, or os-teop-athy?) he leans more western medicine, but is also willing to suggest and/or prescribe other types of treatments and modifications of diet and lifestyle. sort of the best of both worlds.

So my 2 year old son has had a lot of digestive and immune system problems. I've taken him to several doctors and they are pretty much useless so we are looking into other options. I took him to a chiropractor and today I took him to a homeopathic doctor. I'm a bit skeptical of the homeopathy-natural-medicine thing although the test seemed fairly accurate. Have any of you ever tried or had experience with it?

has he been checked for gluten allergies??? that is allergies to wheat.......which is just about in everything that we eat.........if not it might be a good idea to have him checked out for that and really for any food allergies........milk and dairy products are another big offender........hope you find something that makes your "baby" feel better.....no parent likes to see their child suffer.......

is it homey-op-athy, or homeo-pathy?

but i go to a doc of osteopathy (osteo-pathy, or os-teop-athy?) he leans more western medicine, but is also willing to suggest and/or prescribe other types of treatments and modifications of diet and lifestyle. sort of the best of both worlds.

We don't have those here. I live in a fairly unpopulated area. But I take him to a pediatrician too and hopefully I kind use them both to get an in-between. The testing seemed helpful and enlightening, but the treatment seems a little iffy. A few drops of 100% alcohol every day and wah-lah! We actually refer to her at home as the "witch doctor". I figure I'll give it a month and see if there is any improvement. I won't be out too much $$. And I think these people really believe in what they do. If anyone is scamming it's their herbal suppliers.

has he been checked for gluten allergies??? that is allergies to wheat.......which is just about in everything that we eat.........if not it might be a good idea to have him checked out for that and really for any food allergies........milk and dairy products are another big offender........hope you find something that makes your "baby" feel better.....no parent likes to see their child suffer.......

I've suspected Celiac for awhile. He has been gluten-free for about 8 months, dairy-free for 6, and corn-free for a few weeks. We have taken him to an allergist and the only thing he's allergic to is cats. Anyway, we've been really careful with his diet but he keeps getting bursts of symptoms when we are sure there could have been no cross contamination or exposure to foods we thought he was sensitive too. I still haven't ruled out Celiac, but it could be something like Cystic Fibrosis. I'm getting him tested for that on Tuesday--and I pray that it is not Cystic Fibrosis!!!!!

Well, Mom, you sound like you're really on top of things.........let's keep our fingers crossed that you find out what the problem is and soon......you really have my sincere sympathies

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom