"Honey I'm Home"..from New England (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Steve will have the trip story and pictures done for our web page soon, but until then.........

img_1193342_0_0a45289b16b0377007169e70cb9f5010.jpg
img_1193342_1_19d07eb48385b3bed1e1a16e3a16280e.jpg

Addie, he is one of our travel group members. I didn't see him when I snapped the picture.

By the way, I loved your description of the fall colors as "God's bowl of Fruit Loops" ;)

Last edited:
Gimmee a BIG hug. Welcome Back!

Welcome Back Kotter Theme - YouTube
Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well some names have changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
Here where we need ya

Yeah Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

Addie, he is one of our travel group members. I didn't see him when I snapped the picture.

By the way, I loved your description of the fall colors as "God's bowl of Fruit Loops" ;)

He looks like he is getting in some fishing time. :angel:

Thank you for reminding me why I LOVE living in New England. Five times I have moved away to other parts of the country, and five times I have come back. And tell hubby that when I lived on the Cape as a child, it was very rustic. There were a lot of farms. The town we lived in (Brewster) had a four room school with no high school. Two grades to one room. You had to go to another town (Orleans) for the ninth grade and up. There were no supermarkets. Just small Mom and Pop stores. Everyone had chickens and even a horse on their property. My childhood Cape Cod is no longer. And I refuse to go back to a tourist trap for a visit. :angel:

Last edited:
I'm glad it brought back some good memories Addie. Sadly it seems that nowhere stays the same. I remember this town where I grew up was once a sleepy typical beach town and now it's crowded with over 100,000 people. I still love it though, and there's nowhere in the world I'd rather live.

Here's our website addy for all our stories....

Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

I am visiting Mew England now, I can totally understand why you like it so much here, Addi. It is so beautiful , I wish I could move here. But at least I get to enjoy this couple of daysI'm here.

I am visiting Mew England now, I can totally understand why you like it so much here, Addi. It is so beautiful , I wish I could move here. But at least I get to enjoy this couple of daysI'm here.

New England has a lot of winding roads. When you go around the bend, you are just left breathless with the beauty of the scenery. And you thought nothing could outdo that last curve in the road. To spend a weekend leaf peeping in the Fall is.... You fill in the blank. Like I tell visitors, "It is like looking into God's bowl of Fruitloops." There are still a lot of rustic small towns. They saw what was happening to other areas and stopped the progression of tourists traps before they got a foothold. Once "outsiders" move in they get to vote and can take control of a town real quick. They want all the conveniences of the big city. The one place the left to escape to get back to the simpler life.

Because this part of the country was settled first, you can tell a lot about a town just the way a front door is facing. If it is looking out to the side, you know it is an old farmhouse. The door always faced the fields so the wife could ring the bell loud enough to call the men in in case of trouble. So you know that it was a farming town and still under threat from Native Americans. Old farm houses also have a large chimney in the middle of the house or two. One on each end. The ones that have the middle chimney, you know that the building was originally a four room house. It was a four sided chimney. The ones with chimneys on the ends, were built with two stories. Two fireplaces on each floor.

When visitors go to Concord, there is a footprint of a cabin of one of the patriots that fought in that first battle of the Revolutionary War. Folks are surprised at how small it is. New England is so full of history.

One of the things Kathy's husband didn't mention in his telling of their trip leaf peeping is that at Fanuiel Hall is where John Adams defended the British soldiers for the Boston Massacre. The soldiers were found not guilty. Not something they put in the history books. When you remember that at that time in history, we were still British subjects. When we demanded our freedom, the Patriots were guilty of Treason. A crime in any country to this day punishable by hanging. I LOVE American history. Specially Boston and New England history. :angel:

Beautiful pictures! I love your website too. I forgot I have actually looked at it before. :LOL:

I'm glad it brought back some good memories Addie. Sadly it seems that nowhere stays the same. I remember this town where I grew up was once a sleepy typical beach town and now it's crowded with over 100,000 people. I still love it though, and there's nowhere in the world I'd rather live.

Here's our website addy for all our stories....

Travels Around the World With Steve & Kathy

Thanks for the link Kay...will go and have a look :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom