Hooters Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't recall having ever been to a Hooters. I don't frequent a lot of "chain" restaurants, so my not going has less to do with the subject matter than my not liking the food typically served at these places.

I can't recall having ever been to a Hooters. I don't frequent a lot of "chain" restaurants, so my not going has less to do with the subject matter than my not liking the food typically served at these places.

I agree.

well, addie, look who's opening our first ever hooter's thread! are you preparing for a birthday celebration tomorrow?:) and finally, a man chimes in (on page #3) of the hooter's thread...he doesn't even go there.:)
don't personally know much about hooter's, but $2B down to $8M for any company is an indicator that a major change needs to be happening. would it help hooter's any to fashion itself more like an applebee's or a ruby tuesday's? doubtful, but hooter's needs a new hook, not more respectability, if they wish to reignite their former popularity. then again, maybe, just like playboy, the time for hooter's has passed....

Last edited:
I'm one of the folks who doesn't go to hooters because of their corporate policies.

I don't want to see other women stared at, oogled and objectified. It's demeaning and in my book, perpetuates stereotypes that women have worked hard to shed - especially in the work place.

While I think a change is long overdue, it'll take me a while to past their history, especially since it appears that despite longstanding criticism (mostly from women) hooters maintained that it was all in good fun and perfectly appropriate, they've made this change ONLY because they were losing money. Maybe a name change is in order as well.

well, addie, look who's opening our first ever hooter's thread! are you preparing for a birthday celebration tomorrow?:) and finally, a man chimes in (on page #3) of the hooter's thread...he doesn't even go there.:)
don't personally know much about hooter's, but $2B down to $8M for any company is an indicator that a major change needs to be happening. would it help hooter's any to fashion itself more like an applebee's or a ruby tuesday's? doubtful, but hooter's needs a new hook, not more respectability, if they wish to reignite their former popularity. then again, maybe, just like playboy, the time for hooter's has passed....

I am surprised that my GD has lasted at this job. She certainly does not have the kind of personality that Hooter's in known for. Her personality borders on nasty. I pity the poor customer that tries to mess with her. She will give them excellent service. That I will give her. She is a good waitress. She has always made the most in tips over the other wait people where ever she has worked. And customers will ask for her table rather than be seated someplace else. Well, I will see what my daughter has to say when she talks to her and gets all the dirt.

Tune in at eleven..... :angel:

i went to a hooters once and wasn't impressed, so i've never been back. but that may have been due to location.

if i'm not mistaken, hooters began in the south where women are good at that flirtatious smile, and wink, and overall ability to feign interest when they really secretly despise you.

the hooter i went to in nyc were staffed by typical ny women. the kind whose smile is really a grimace from painfully overpriced, bone-deforming heels, and who have no problem letting you know that you are beneath them because the world revolves around their beauty.

25% tip please.

and the food wasn't anything special, either. average chain restaurant crap. :)

I asked my daughter about the meeting. She hasn't seen her daughtere yet today. But we did get into a conversation about my GD. One night when she was working, a customer yelled out her name across the whole room. She turned and gave him a look that should have caused him to drop dead on the spot. When she got a few minutes break, she went over to him to tell him in no uncertain words, like only she can, don't ever scream out her name like that again or she would have him removed. When she got to his table, she didn't recognize him. She started to dress him down. It turned out that he is the son of a close friend of the family. And she has been talking(?) back and forth with him on Facebook. He comes from a wealthy family and is well off himself. They are now dating. My daughter had better find out soon what happened at that meeting. :angel:

We used to have a Hooter's here in Surrey, but it didn't last very long. I don't remember even how long it was there for and I never went or even knew anyone who did. There may be some in Vancouver still, but I really haven't thought of them in years - never had any interest one way or the other.

To be honest, I did know they still existed anywhere.

I reckon it seems strange (given my nickname), but I ain't never set foot in a
Hooters. Many years ago, I did think about running for mayor in a little town I used to live in.
It is called Harrellsville. If I had been elected mayor, we were gonna try to change the name to Hooterville,
but I just ain't mayoral material.

well, addie, look who's opening our first ever hooter's thread! .

I can't believe I started this thread. I am not happy that my GD works there. But in keeping with my lifelong policy, I keep my mouth shut and say nothing to my kids about how they raise their kids. I am the perfect inlaw. I never criticize or have anything to say about how my kids live their lives or raise their families. Even if I am sitting there and an arguement is going on, I just keep my mouth shut. The only thing that would make me interfere is if there is physical violence.

I am only 4'8" and the shortest one of my kids is 5'7". All the rest grew to six feet. I am just not Hooters material. Too short. But I do have the main attribute on top. If they do change their hiring policy, do you think they would hire a good waitress that is 74 y.o. and walks with a limp? Can I talk any of you ladies to join me in applying for a job at Hooters? :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon it seems strange (given my nickname), but I ain't never set foot in a
Hooters. Many years ago, I did think about running for mayor in a little town I used to live in.
It is called Harrellsville. If I had been elected mayor, we were gonna try to change the name to Hooterville,
but I just ain't mayoral material.

Hooterville was the name of the town on Green Acres with Eva Gabor and Arnold the pig. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom