Hop fire! This is Bad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
Hop fire! This is Bad!!!

My first reaction to this story was:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/03/hops.fire.ap/index.html

YAKIMA, Washington (AP) -- Federal investigators were set Tuesday to begin an investigation into a fire that ruined about 4 percent of America's yield of hops, used as flavoring in the brewing of beer and ale.

John

John thank you so much for sharing the details about the fire.

I hope the price of beer doesn't go up since the fire ruined about 4 percent of America's yield of hops which are used as flavoring in the brewing of beer and ale.

Thank you again for letting us read the whole story.

When I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes more than 10 years ago my doctor and pharmacist both warned that I should not consume any alcohol due to a contraindication with the meds I am taking. I've been faithful to their orders ever since so I don't get to enjoy the smooth and refreshing flavors of the golden foamy brew.

I do miss the taste of hops. I wish that hops were a spice and could be added to recipes to lend that bitter yet satisfying flavor to foods that it imparts to beer.

While I cannot share in your joy I feel your pain.

You know, I wondered what that high pitch scream was that my dogs were howling at!! Now I know it was coming from Detroit.

kitchenelf said:
????joy???

lol

I think pain is all they feel.

No No, First comes the joy. The next MORNING, now that's when the pain can really set in!! :ROFLMAO::sick::ROFLMAO:

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom