Hoping for a heart for our oldest son's best friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow-how sad for such a young man. Stories like this certainly make appreciate what you've got.

Thoughts and prayers are on the way.

I am in the same position as KitchenElf. I can't even begin to describe how amazing your family and this young man are.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of need.

LEFSE - this young man is amazing...as you are. I keep typing and erasing as the words are difficult to put "on paper". So...I will continue to pray as my thoughts are very clear. :flowers:
KE....not to worry, God knows your thoughts, sometimes, they're hard to put into earthly words;)
Only had one day off and had to do everything around the house.
I'll go sit with him on my next day off, don't want to rush it, they're precious moments.

just an update from yesterday

With my only day off, I was crammed to do stuff yesterday but wanted to visit the kid.
I cut out all the remarks from in here and put them in an envelope and took them over there.
He was fine, a little less for the wear, but fine.
Seemed a bit more frail or fragile than the last time I saw him but still, up and about.
I told him to read these when he can and enjoy them and their love.
He walked me outside to the car, which was weird. It's very windy here and it was going on a little past 7, so it was cold. But we talked out there for a few minutes.
He was on his way with his folks to a Triple A baseball game.
He's come very far.
I am truly thanking God.

Have been with our daughter over the last week in NYC. She was Maid of Honor at her best friends wedding in Long Island. Have spent that time, visiting the Hamptons and being with her and my GB's.

So haven't been home to see the young gentlemen but will when I return home Tuesday. Hope he's doing perfect. Haven't heard anything different except that our son took Landon over there and he was over the moon for him. So glad he gets to see what being a daddy is via our son. Will make him try even harder keep getting better.

Glad to hear you are doing something different and having some fun. The Hamptons are always beautiful, especially this time of year. You'll have forever good memories. Hope you had some good eats.
Thanks for getting back to us. Tell all when you get back.

Glad to hear you are doing something different and having some fun. Tell all when you get back.
Well, it wasn't the best of times I must say.
With my daughter and the baby's, that part was good.
The scenery et al, was nice too.
The food pretty good.
The experience of being there for so long, which didn't directly have anything to do with me, just began to really creep on my nerves. Truly at one point, I was close to renting an other car and driving back to Joisey to hop a plane and get outta Dodge. Knew I couldn't though and had to bite the bullet, but not the folks causing me to want to [or to bite them].
I'm back now, back in my darlings arms and back to semi normal.
Thanks for inquiring quicksilver, wish my moments would have been filled with glee just not meant to be this time around I guess...it's okay...God is really very good and it was in fact a memory made...

Update

Hello folks.
Hope you're all having a wonderful day today. It blowing crazy wind here, but that's okay it keeps the smog at bay.

I went to see the kid yesterday. Called first to make sure it was okay.
Same thing as before, he is doing really really well.
I can't quite believe it's the same young man who isn't supposed to be here.
He's defied all laws and his doctors, after his last apt. with them on the 19th, are stymied. He is still in line for a heart transplant. He is still wearing/carrying around his AED.
His temperament is wonderful, very able to talk and communicate, even though I can't hide the tears of joys and don't care who sees my nose running. I am simply in awe of his progress.
But not in awe of what God can do, because He's demonstrated what an awesome God He is.
Wanted you to know that he loved reading all the posts from here, did it with his mother by his side and thanks all of you for your prayers saying, "I'd be dead by now without them, I know that."
Again, thank you all.....................

Aww, I have tears reading that wonderful update LEFS!!
It's not just GOD at work, the boy has the faith needed to believe in GOD to make it. Good for him!!! I will continue to pray for him and hold him in my thoughts!!

It's been a while since I looked at this thread. You gave us a wonderful update. And yes, I agree. It's a wondrous God who is our Father, & who love each of us more than we can understand. Your freind will continue to be in my prayers. Let him know that Goodweed is his freind too. In fact, ask him what he really likes and I will create a recipe for him. Of course it has to be something he can eat. And then, maybe you can cook it for him. We can be a team. Whadaya say?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, ya know I almost posted here yesterday, but I didn't for some stupid reason. But had been thinking of LEFSElover.
Thanks for reopening it, so we could let them know we're thinking and praying for them.
You have a good week too.

as always, you guys are the best.
how could I ask for people to understand and moreover care about this young man? I couldn't be more pleased and honored that so many of you write even when this has been a while. My son's friend, is honored as well. Thank you all for your prayers and constant reminders of how wonderful people really are.

GWOTN, he's on a very special diet. when he went to his apt for the heart doctor to see him, the very doctor that had told him he'd not live to see the next day [and the doctor fell over when he walked in the office under his own power], his folks took him to his favorite pizza joint and he partook in 4 slices. he knows that was very bad but it was also a celebration. he was put on the lowest sodium etc. diet for his now very precious heart. when the doctor let's him increase his intake of yummy stuff, I'll let you know. meantime, his mother would be honored for you to start thinking of this recipe now.

thank you to all of you who continue to care, all the best...

Hello folks.
Hope you're all having a wonderful day today. It blowing crazy wind here, but that's okay it keeps the smog at bay.

I went to see the kid yesterday. Called first to make sure it was okay.
Same thing as before, he is doing really really well.
I can't quite believe it's the same young man who isn't supposed to be here.
He's defied all laws and his doctors, after his last apt. with them on the 19th, are stymied. He is still in line for a heart transplant. He is still wearing/carrying around his AED.
His temperament is wonderful, very able to talk and communicate, even though I can't hide the tears of joys and don't care who sees my nose running. I am simply in awe of his progress.
But not in awe of what God can do, because He's demonstrated what an awesome God He is.
Wanted you to know that he loved reading all the posts from here, did it with his mother by his side and thanks all of you for your prayers saying, "I'd be dead by now without them, I know that."
Again, thank you all.....................

thank you for the update , so pleased that he is doing amazingly well.
(((hugs)))
LadyCook

LEFSElover, you sound in good spirits. That's wonderful.
So glad for the report, and such good news.

What's the saying? " As long as there's a tomorrow, there's hope.

Keep in touch when you want or need to share. And have a good week.

Back
Top Bottom