Horror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Couldn't sleep, got up turned on the radio. Guy talks about someone getting put in jail for putting his lab in the washing machine w/HOT WATER! He also mentioned people in the neighborhood losing their dogs! I couldn't sleep before I heard this, afterward I got sick. Really sick. Today, I am so tired I don't want to do anything, nothing. What's the use? My motivation is depleted. If only someone could treat him the way he treated his dog? I feel like I lost a good friend. Why did I have to hear this? What is the purpose?

I can't imagine how someone thinks of doing such a thing.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder what the News Directors/Assignment Editors were thinking. Perhaps it was a slow news day & the station needs to fill up air space, or needs to up their ratings catering to a sick crowd that enjoys that kind of sick 'news.' The 'real' news is disturbing enough. My solution, turn off the 11:00 PM news and watch Sex & the City. I'm sorry you were ill over this. Terrible images to go to sleep by. What are our choices -- jiggle newscasters or cheap sensationalism, competing for ratings. Maybe we should sit down and write these stations a letter. Better yet, tune them OFF or change the radio station.

Last edited:
It sounds like that guy is really a nut case. At least he won't be able to get the dog back and it can go to a good home....at least I hope he can't get the dog back.

euthanized dog

They killed the dog. No chance that they could have saved it. Just writing about it I am fearful someone may get idea from this. I am sorry I mentioned it. When I told the family about it they blame me for listening to it. I just turned the stupid thing on. I didn't know what they were going to say. Someone told me not to listen to the news anymore. Has it gotten to the point where there isn't anything positive. I feel like I attract negative energy no matter how I think. I want to look for good not bad in others. That is why I find such companionship in dogs. Any kind of pet is source of security for people.

Thanks mish for your understanding. You lift me up when I am down. Your thoughts are appreciated. Sorry I had to ruin your day. You should be in hte news. Then I would feel better. You would only report about the good things. Have good day.

Bad news gets better ratings I guess, my family is always talking about how I don't watch the news and am so uninformed, I just get tired of all the bad stuff, they never report that someone did something good, I usually just get either depressed or mad. So saying trust me I hear you. I volunteer with the local OSPCA and see so much that sometimes I wish I hadn't, did a fundraiser for them and someone had the nerve to tell me I should worry more about people in the community, they were trying to get me to promote the foodbank. Well, I go to the foodbank and you see people down there who can afford to smoke, do drugs, drink etc... if they can afford to do this then they can afford to buy food, they screwed up. The animals in the shelter here didn't ask to be locked away or mistreated so feel have some responsibility there. Sorry, about the rant, anything animal related tends to put my hackles up, that guy should be fined, and some prison time wouldn't be amiss... but thats just my opinion.

In the Kitchen said:
Thanks mish for your understanding. You lift me up when I am down. Your thoughts are appreciated. Sorry I had to ruin your day. You should be in hte news. Then I would feel better. You would only report about the good things. Have good day.

Awww. What a lovely thing to say. Thank you. You have such a kind heart. I can always tell by reading your posts. :) Nah, you didn't ruin my day. Howard Stern or waiting 1/2 hour for the weather bugs me. By the time I've listened to the meteorology report, fronts, arrows, projected forecast for next week, blah, blah, blah, cooking segments, movie reviews, sports, traffic, the crowd in front of the studio, musical guests -- I forgot what they said the weather was going to be for today :LOL: If I had a TV News show - 1 hour - Tops. The News and the weather. *No commercials. That's all folks. :LOL:

Okay, maybe a fashion show or two -- if I can keep the clothes, lol.
*W/o commercials, and sensationalism, this is what I would probably get

Last edited:
News

Trip, sure know you are dog lover. The picture of your dog shows that. I spend hours reading all the different threads about the pets people have here. Each one looks like they are loved and cared for. They are only true reflection of their owners. I am thankful you feel the way you do about animal cruelty. There truly isn't any good news. My friends tell me to get a life and ask if I don't have anything better to worry about? If people just ignore this type of abuse it will not go away but only increase. People have to pay attention!

mish, I told you you would be a hit. Maybe if I complain about the guy last nite I could mention I know someone who would improve his format? I only wish they were more 'mishes' in the world.

:) Its terrible to hear these things when I hear or read about an animal being mistreated it can ruin my whole day or night.But we must know of these things to make a difference how ever painful it is. If we didn't know I think it just gets worse,whether you donate a few dollars or maybe just become more aware and concience on whats going on around you.
Who knows maybe you get to save a helpless creature some day by knowing this s**t is going on because your eyes are open.

Only problem is the penalties for these actions are waaaay too light, and because people see about it in the paper, they know they are. It's true we need to know about it, but unfortunately how many people out there (and theres always a few idiots about) are gonna here that and think, I'm gonna try it?... Its like the reason all my cats are indoor cats, I know some idiot out there is going to figure they're "points" and try to hit them with a car... I've actually seem people swerve to hit an animal that could have been avoided. There's no easy fix, but I just wish they'de stiffen up the penalties.

ITK,
If only there were more people like you, who care for and love their pets, we'd hear a lot less of animal abuse. My little doxie is old now and frail, doesn't hear so well nor see like she use to, the thought of anyone hurting her, makes me physically ill. Can you imagine someone of that man's caliber, having anything to do with a child?? I've never felt the need to want to strike back, but this kind of thing makes me so angry, I believe I just might..I've learned to turn off the tv or radio when news about child or animal abuse comes on I can''t listen or watch it...but I've also learned to make noise about these things and I have written or called when I feel the news is not appropriate. Doesn't get me anything but being called a trouble maker, but, it makes me feel better to champion our little people and little friends.

bless ya ITK for caring

kadesma

News

As everyone has said, they do try to get your attention! But the simple fact that this stuff happens bothers me.

My own mother said that she was ready to go whenever her time was for the simple fact of the news. It used to make her cry so easy when children or animals were abused. It affected her so deeply. I could not relate at the time as I had lot of things to worry about. Abuse of my own for one.

I can relate to having old dogs. Mine have diabetes (shots twice day) going blind, cannot hold their personal problems anymore, lot of accidents,. As long as they can function somewhat I will continue. They sure are hungry in the mornng and act happy and sad so these things are important. Most of my friends put their dogs away when they got diabetes. Mine have been doing okay for almost 6 years. I really feel they want to stick around and don't want to leave yet. So I go from day to day Where love is, anything can be accept ed. I just love them a lot.

I know your little friend wants to be around too. Good luck to both of you.

Back
Top Bottom