Hotel drinking glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't bring it up but reading the comments I get the idea.
not good, unsafe, unclean, all of the above?
I know people wash their pant^ ho$# in the coffee pots.:(

I used to work for a company that sells the majority of restaurant/hospitality cleaning/sanitizing products worldwide.
People run out of product, and stay out for weeks or months to save money.
I wouldn't sleep in a hotel without bringing my own bedding, towels, and drinking glasses.
Better shut up now, they still know where to find me..... :ermm:

Yep, when staying at a motor lodge or what not, be sure to at least peel that comforter off. Most places launder the sheets, but not the comforter. You really don't want to know what is all on those things!!!!

We live in a world of bacteria.

Each of us has millions of bacteria living on, and mostly within, our bodies.

Had we not gotten an immune system none of us would be alive.

There are some bacteria that attack us for which most of us have little defence for. Fortunately they are rare.

But we live in a sorta symbiotic relationship with most of the germs.

That means they do their things without hurting the folks they live within or on.

Know better than most the stuff I have to sleep in an hotel.

But heck, there is some reason people who lived in the most germ ridden conditions, such as in the middle ages, were able to stay alive to reproduce enough kids to make us.

Believe in hygiene, but also don't go nuts about about being in a hotel.

I used to love trips to hotels. Now I'm a little sick. I'm going to call Shirley on Monday. She's our Sheraton rep. I want my room clean.

Gee, can't eat in restaurants because we all know what waiters do to the food...
Can't sleep in hotels..
Can't use grocery carts...
Can't touch doorknobs...
Can't can't can't...

I live dangerously and embrace my microbes, fungi, spores....

In my humble opinion, all this obsessiveness about germs is going to cause BIG
problems... that 1% of bacteria that ISN'T killed by germicides is tough stuff.

Think MRSA. I'd rather stick with the ones for which I have some resistance.

:)When I travel by car I bring my down comforter I take everthing off the bed except bottom sheet and pillows I also bring my Black&Decker single cup coffee maker with travel mug,my own glass and Brita water pitcher.The water always has a strong chlorine taste in those places.I keep all these things in container along with my coffee,creamer,parmesan,red pepper flakes,tea,and a fork,knife and spoon.I like to order pizza most of the time and there is always something missing.Ever tried to eat a salad with no utensil?
If Im not going by car I at least take a camping filtering water bottle.I cant stand chlorine in my water and I drink alot of water
Another thing you can tell if they send the glasses down to be washed if they are on the housekeeping cart if they are not well then you know.

Gee, can't eat in restaurants because we all know what waiters do to the food...
Can't sleep in hotels..
Can't touch doorknobs...
Can't can't can't...

:)I also think being too clean lowers your resistance.We have friends who live in what we call an autoclave:LOL:they are always geting sick.The one thing that really grosses me though is puplic telephones I so glad cell phones are here.The one outside of stores are always greasy and worse they smell like cheap cologne.The ones in the hotel/motel rooms are also overlooked.

:)OH and some of even the best hotels can have bedbugs which you could end up taking home with you.Hope I didn't ruin anybodies day today:LOL:

besides charlie, i'm probably the 2nd biggest proponent of "healthy dirt" here. that is not to say that you should take chances getting others sick. but there's a point where being clean is unhealthy.

that said, you really don't want to bring a black light into a hotel room.

just be sure to pull off the beadspread as soon as you enter the room. they don't get laundered/cleaned as often as other things in the room.

and never ever get ice from a machine that has the ice exposed. only get ice from a machine that dispenses it directly into the bucket.

Can't sleep in hotels..
Can't touch doorknobs...
Can't can't can't...

The ShopRite I go to, has a container of wipes near the door and paper towels for customers to use , wipe off the cart handles and what not before going in.

Back
Top Bottom