Housekeeping Monthly 1955, YEAH RIGHT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
An actual 1955 HousekeepingMonthly article.

Attachments

• ATT2.jpg
    ATT2.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 262
:) What? Huh? I don't think so at least not at these times in America except for the ones that still allow themselves to be bullied.

Thanks for the article, Stacy. And underlining the important parts. I have saved it for future reference :)
You never know when your SO is going to say, Where is that written?

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:

That's two recent posts by you along the same lines..... everything OK?

I'm sensing a pattern here, Stacy!!!
What a bunch of hoowee!
It must have worked for my mother though. She was 3 months prego with me in May 1955!
(Thanks, ma.)

Uh, I don't get the joke! This is the way it is at our house everyday, with a couple of exceptions

1) If I had a ribbon in my hair my when my wife came home she would probably assume..... #2 (see below)

2) I were a little "gay" (not that theres anything wrong with that!)

Other than that, sounds like a normal day at Smoke Kings house!!!!:LOL:

Thanks for the article, Stacy. And underlining the important parts. I have saved it for future reference :)
You never know when your SO is going to say, Where is that written?

That's two recent posts by you along the same lines..... everything OK?

LOL, getting these emails from a disgruntled, married friend:LOL: It is realyl ticking her off, but, I'm finding them quite hurmorous!! LOL
GG, if that article is fake, it doesn't take from what was believed back then, I know, my grandmother loves to tell me about things from her times:ROFLMAO: When they had family reunions, how the women used to "fetch" the water and do ALL the cooking and cleaning outside, while the men sat around joking and drinking:ermm: not in THIS century, buddy, ROFLMBO!! But, guys these days love the grills too much for that to happen anyway.

Charlie, tsk tsk:rolleyes::LOL:

Smoke King, you're too much:ROFLMAO::LOL:

GG, if that article is fake, it doesn't take from what was believed back then, I know, my grandmother loves to tell me about things from her times:ROFLMAO: When they had family reunions, how the women used to "fetch" the water and do ALL the cooking and cleaning outside, while the men sat around joking and drinking:ermm: not in THIS century, buddy, ROFLMBO!! But, guys these days love the grills too much for that to happen anyway.

Hey, TG. If you read the Snopes.com page, it said that items like this exaggerate what life was like back then. So while it probably wasn't an actual article, it's probably based on true facts that have since been exaggerated.

Not in THIS century - you got THAT right! :LOL:

i found a few really old articles snipped from magazines tucked into my aunt's cookbooks that were very similar. i couldn't believe how lucky guys were back then, and how badly they must have screwed it up. :neutral:

i showed my mom, and she said many women thought and did many of those things years ago. my dad did his part (hard working, frugal, faithful, kind, generous, and loving), and they've been married 60 years!

Listen, I grew up with this stuff!!!! How did I survive? My mother was having NONE of it! I remember the time we were visiting relatives and my mom and my Aunt Viola came to blows because my mother refused to get up and get my father another beer. We left their house in the middle of the night and had to find a motel - my mom had a black eye and Aunt Viola had a nose bleed. GO MOM! Guess she never did "know her place." Thank goodness.

Listen, I grew up with this stuff!!!! How did I survive? My mother was having NONE of it! I remember the time we were visiting relatives and my mom and my Aunt Viola came to blows because my mother refused to get up and get my father another beer. We left their house in the middle of the night and had to find a motel - my mom had a black eye and Aunt Viola had a nose bleed. GO MOM! Guess she never did "know her place." Thank goodness.

Kudos to your mom! My mother was like that too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom