Housework: How much time do you spend on it each day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I just heard something on the radio about a 'no housework day' here in Germany. I am not sure this would make much differenct to my day.

I spend around a half hour daily on it.
I suppose I woudn't win the housewife of the year prize.

Mel:)

I have a tendency to do my housework in five minute bits--I tidy the kitchen or empty the dishwasher while waiting for water to boil, for example, or clean the sink and toilet while I am running a bath.

It is spring, and gardening season now, so no housework unless it is raining.

When I can write my name in the dust lol
I can always think of something better to do!
I need a woman "that does"
I really hate doing housework...but I love it when the house is sparkling clean! :eek:)..:brows:

I have a tendency to do my housework in five minute bits--...

Yeah, thats the way I do it too. A bunch of 5 minute bits, throughout the day.

Judging from the replies so far, a love of cooking does not go hand in hand with a love of home chores in general. :)

I probably don't spend enough time doing it. I try to tidy up everyday but sometimes I let it slide and do one big cleaning a week.

I, too, am of the "few minutes here, few there" method of housecleaning. Once or twice a year, husband and I do what we jokingly refer to "white tornado" and both actually work at it for Spring housecleaning. But generally, there are days and even sometimes weeks when I do zilch besides the laundry. My husband and I have an agreement; s/he who cooks, does not wash up after. I mostly cook, he keeps dishes and counters clean, so our kitchen is usually clean. But dusting, vacuuming (hoovering, for some of you), mopping .... Well, that is catch-as-catch-can. We live in an old (by US standards, ca 1854) house, and I swear they generate cobwebs and dust bunnies. We've learned to look the other way until we're ready to deal with it.

I have a sweet deal. My responsibility begins and ends in the kitchen. So I shop, prep, cook and clean up. I was the floors, clean the fridge, stove and oven. SO does the rest except for any heavy duty stuff that's easier for me to do.

Wow, you're amazing. When do you find time, do you work ragular job plus house work?
I wish I had time to do house work everyday.

Wow, you're amazing. When do you find time, do you work ragular job plus house work?
I wish I had time to do house work everyday.

I am home right now caring for my 83 yr. old mother who has dementia. I work occassionally doing photography. The dogs and cats are the neatest ones in the house. By the way did I mention there are also 4 outside cats and 3 horses.

Back
Top Bottom