How can I travel with presents?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rellihan451

Assistant Cook
I know its some late to get asking this, but is there a lovely way to carry presents for the plane? I will need to travel cross nation for christmas and additionally can't ship these individuals, so whats the simplest way to travel with them? Would it be simpler to put them in the huge box? Put them within the extra suitcase? A giant bag? Im really worried and lost on the direction to go! Thanks!

Worried about loss? If you can use regular luggage, you won't be checking something that is obviously something other than clothes. And around Christmas, a box will be presumed to be gifts and a more likely target for thieves. Fewer than one on ten-thousand pieces are lost and never found. Some are because the owner didn't label them as identifiable. Some are because a thief pulled the tags to delay a reported theft. Keep it looking like socks and underwear (even a thief hates to get those for Christmas), and there's little chance of it being permanently lost. And if you use the suitcase, you can use it later to bring home your own huge gift haul.

Now if there was a way to encourage them to lose it for a while, they would find it and deliver it to the door for you. ;)

And it's good to remember that, if something is lost or stolen, many credit cards automatically insure anything you buy with that card, should the worst happen. Shoot a quick cell phone or camera photo of the open bag with them inside. It will speed settlement if they don't make it.

Welcome to DC!

I don't know on which airline you are traveling, but I think a suitcase would be the best bet. With the luggage restrictions and what you can bring on-board, you would be wise to check with the airline.

Go with the suitcase, and do not wrap. TSA will unwrap your gifts. Take paper and tape with you, and wrap at your destination. Or use the wrap they have when you get there.

Welcome to DC!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom