How did you come by your user name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This topic does come up now and then. It's interesting to learn about the folks we interact with here. In my case, "Hoot" is a nickname that is common amongst folks with the last name Gibson. It comes from the western movie star Hoot Gibson. He was very popular in the early days of movies. Seems like, somewhere along the way, many Gibson children are tagged with "Hoot" I have two cousins, two uncles, and my dad who at some point were tagged with "Hoot". It seemed like a good name to use on here.

My niece appeared in The Wizard of Oz... oh wait, that story's been taken...

I used to play an online trivia game and my handle was Canis, as in Lupus, Familiaris... so one day I was signing onto my first forum and Canis was taken, so I added the state I live in in front of it.

My niece appeared in The Wizard of Oz... oh wait, that story's been taken...

I used to play an online trivia game and my handle was Canis, as in Lupus, Familiaris... so one day I was signing onto my first forum and Canis was taken, so I added the state I live in in front of it.

I still prefer Papa Dog...

I took my initials JAB and the first 3 letters of the last name BUR and combined them for a take on jabber meaning to talk a lot. I use it for everything and will add some numbers to it occasionally.

I took my initials JAB and the first 3 letters of the last name BUR and combined them for a take on jabber meaning to talk a lot. I use it for everything and will add some numbers to it occasionally.

Poetic for someone who also talks with her hands.:)

This topic does come up now and then. It's interesting to learn about the folks we interact with here. In my case, "Hoot" is a nickname that is common amongst folks with the last name Gibson. It comes from the western movie star Hoot Gibson. He was very popular in the early days of movies. Seems like, somewhere along the way, many Gibson children are tagged with "Hoot" I have two cousins, two uncles, and my dad who at some point were tagged with "Hoot". It seemed like a good name to use on here.

The name suits you, Hoot!

My real name is Lucia, that means "who is born in the light". Fos is the ancient greek word for "light" (I don't know what is the word in modern greek) and '87 is my born's year. I choose it several years ago, when I had just began studing ancient greek.

Because it is who I am and I couldn't think of anything cute or catchy.

Lizzie's my name (a form of it, anyway), and tinlizzie puts me in the proper age group. Thanks go to Henry Ford, whose Model T was tin and who had a daughter named Elizabeth. I didn't like the sound of stutzbearcatlizzie.

My first name is Roch which is pronounced Rock. It was easier that way being a French Canadian who grew up in an English speaking town. I just threw lobster in there because it is edible. And made popular by the B52's...

“We do, doodley do, doodley do, doodely do,
What we must, muddily must, muddily must, muddily must;
Muddily do, muddily do, muddily do, muddily do,
Until we bust, bodily bust, bodily bust, bodily bust. "

— a poem by Kurt Vonnegut from the book “Cat’s Cradle”

A user name I have used elsewhere said it was already in use. So there I am having to come up with a new moniker on the spot. I guess by now you know I have a pretty long white beard and my two 4 footed kids have whiska's too.

Lizzie's my name (a form of it, anyway), and tinlizzie puts me in the proper age group. Thanks go to Henry Ford, whose Model T was tin and who had a daughter named Elizabeth. I didn't like the sound of stutzbearcatlizzie.

ROFL!!!!
DuesenbergLizzie

K-L are the initials of my hyphenated first name, and I'm picky about the hyphen. Most sites won't take a hyphen, and my late husband always called me Kayelle so I went with that spelled out. Someone once asked me online how my name is pronounced. :wacko: :LOL:

K-L are the initials of my hyphenated first name, and I'm picky about the hyphen. Most sites won't take a hyphen, and my late husband always called me Kayelle so I went with that spelled out. Someone once asked me online how my name is pronounced. :wacko: :LOL:

You told them "Sassa-frass" right?:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom