How did you come by your user name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was playing D&D with some friends and a guy who usually plays a really smart game did something uncharacteristicaly stupid that almost got all of our characters killed. Someone asked him what he was thinking when he made his stupid move and we all just sat there staring at him in awkward silence (as apposed to awkward conversation which was the norm for our little nerd group). I blurted out that I blamed the purple alien giraffes and when everyone just stared at me I clarified that I meant the ones from outer space, not a foreign country. Everyone laughed and we moved on.

Next day Facebook was telling me I needed to pick a URL and my name was already taken (seriously, what are the odds that jessica.cvengros is already taken?) so I went with the most ridiculous thing I could think of which was the previous day's purple alien giraffe (no idea why, just seemed like the way to go at the time).

I swear I'm getting to how this became my name on here but I wouldn't be Chief Longwind's daughter if I didn't take a round-about way of getting there.

Anyways, in the past I generally went by either Dandelion or Wildflower (maiden name is Flowers) but my dad was still Goodweed of the North when I signed up and my sister is Sprout and my last name had changed. A plant based name just seemed cliche at that point, plus I was feeling mildly absurd at the time. I figured Purple Alien Giraffe worked for Facebook, it should work for here too. So, yeah. A little anti-climatic but that's how I chose my username.

Last edited:
I was playing D&D with some friends and a guy who usually plays a really smart game did something uncharacteristicaly stupid that almost got all of our characters killed. Someone asked him what he was thinking when he made his stupid move and we all just sat there staring at him in awkward silence (as apposed to awkward conversation which was the norm for our little nerd group). I blurted out that I blamed the purple alien giraffes and when everyone just stared at me I clarified that I meant the ones from outer space, not a foreign country. Everyone laughed and we moved on.

Next day Facebook was telling me I needed to pick a URL and my name was already taken (seriously, what are the odds that jessica.cvengros is already taken?) so I went with the most ridiculous thing I could think of which was the previous day's purple alien giraffe (no idea why, just seemed like the way to go at the time).

I swear I'm getting to how this became my name on here but I wouldn't be Chief Longwind's daughter if I didn't take a round-about way of getting there.

Anyways, in the past I generally went by either Dandelion or Wildflower (maiden name is Flowers) but my dad was still Goodweed of the North when I signed up and my sister is Sprout and my last name had changed. A plant based name just seemed cliche at that point, plus I was feeling mildly absurd at the time. I figured Purple Alien Giraffe worked for Facebook, it should work for here too. So, yeah. A little anti-climatic but that's how I chose my username.
Anti-climactic, my bum! That was a cool story.

I figured purple.alien.giraffe was how you spelled Jess :)

Back
Top Bottom