"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #11
I've been here a bit longer than some. I migrated over from the CCA boards. I loved the camaraderie I had over there, but my computer HATED their set up and refused to load anything. One of the members there mentioned Bubbagourmet was over here and I arrived and never left again.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #12
Master Chef
My niece had just been diagnosed with multiple food allergies and I was looking for info on oatmeal flour and how that would work as a replacement for wheat flour in recipes. I tend to visit the site at least twice a day even if I don't always post. I've made some good friends here that I "visit" with Facebook too.

I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #13
Executive Chef
I was looking for a recipe also and everyone was so nice I felt at home. I'm not here as often as I would like, but when I need something I know just where to go.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
Master Chef
Site Administrator
I have been a longtime member of another Social Knowledge forum and since I like cooking (and have been doing more) I thought I would check DC out.
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
Senior Cook

I Googled "cooking forums" and found this site.
"When the kitchen smells spicy and wonderful, it can only mean one thing... it's not my kitchen."--- Maxine
Max Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #16
Certified Cake Maniac
My story is a little funny....though at the time it was embarrassing.

I did a search on something I was looking for....can't even remember what. I ended up in the middle of a very old thread on DC and wanted to reply to a question someone else had. I signed up, posted, and then realized what I had done, so I posted again apologizing, figuring I would just leave quietly. I then got a welcoming letter and decided to check this place out. I have been here ever since!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #17
Master Chef
I also came in from the TV food network board. At first it got to be way to TV personalities oriented, then people started getting a little, well, uncomfortable for me. So with that one shut down, several people mentioned that they were transferring over to this site, and here I am.

The reason I went looking for a network, when I'd never joined one before and haven't since (although I've looked for some having to do with other subjects that interest me, I've never found one easy to use and sympatico) might sound silly. But there is something about me that when I'm in a grocery store, people will ask me what to do with this, how to find that. Now you have to understand, I've traveled the country far and wide, and people ask me this everywhere. Do I look like I know what I'm doing or what? More than once grocery store employees would overhear me explaining something to a young (or old, or whatever, someone unfamiliar with a product) about why this or that might be a better product for them to buy for them, at that given time, and would say, gee, I wish the management would hire you. So when I found this I loved it. I use it less for recipe exchange than for advice, and fine personal support to boot.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #18
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to masteraznchefjr
When I was on the food network board. It got shut down and the people were annoying, so once it shut down I transferred over to this site and it's the best thing ever!! Been using this forum since like middle school.
masteraznchefjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
Assistant Cook
I was looking for some information on Gunter Wilhelm knives, which I found a wonderful little thread on, and then I started looking around at other threads. I think I've fallen in love :)

Now, to go resurrect some dead threads about SoCal and burger joints >.>
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
gooogle, looking for food discussion forums.
Same here.

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote