How did you find DC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was sitting quietly in the recliner minding my own business one afternoon when Katie E walked into the room, pulled a loaded .357 from here apron pocket, pointed it at my head and said, "Buck, darling, I've just encountered a place called Discuss Cooking Dot Com. You will go to the site immediately. You will sign up as a new member. You will post many wonderful things and make many new friends. You will do this because you love me and because I don't want to have to scrub blood stains out of the furniture."

So, here I am.

I was sitting quietly in the recliner minding my own business one afternoon when Katie E walked into the room, pulled a loaded .357 from here apron pocket, pointed it at my head and said, "Buck, darling, I've just encountered a place called Discuss Cooking Dot Com. You will go to the site immediately. You will sign up as a new member. You will post many wonderful things and make many new friends. You will do this because you love me and because I don't want to have to scrub blood stains out of the furniture."

So, here I am.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So different from the way I picture your lovely wife, Buck!

Let me go on record here as stating that Katie E is the most loving, wonderful, caring, beautiful, virtuous woman on the face of the earth.

Did you hear that, Dear?

ps. She's a dynamite cook too.

I think Buck's about to have a very long, long weekend.:angel::sleep:

Uh-oh.......................

main.php

I was bored and was looking for an internet forum on food and cooking. The FoodTV boards seemed very lame, and I found this site from a search on Yahoo!. Along with KElf and a couple of others, I'm probably one of the very few people that remember posters like Coco, oldcoot, and Carnivore.

Glad you're here to stay, Kadesma---you've given some great advice and support in the two years that I've been on this site. :):)
Thanks Expatgirl,
I really enjoy just being able to chat back and forth with those who want to, plus if I can help anyone, that's great..I've had many lend me a hand, so returning in kind is a good feeling.
kadesma:)

I googled tenderizing meat because I had some old shoes to cook and came across a discussion on ... think it was bi-carb... so. Well, here I am.

I was searching for information on something related to cooking--don't remember what--and all the entries that came up before DC were lame. Here I found what I wanted and a lot more that I didn't yet know I was looking for. I lurked for a bit, liked what I saw, and signed up. I have since benefited greatly from the gracious and interesting people and from the depth of knowledge available. It's a unique place; I'm glad I found it!

I was bored and was looking for an internet forum on food and cooking. The FoodTV boards seemed very lame, and I found this site from a search on Yahoo!. Along with KElf and a couple of others, I'm probably one of the very few people that remember posters like Coco, oldcoot, and Carnivore.

Those are some names I miss seeing IC. :) oldcoot's site is still up and running. It would be pure luck if I tried to e-mail carnivore and actually get him. I might just give it a try though! Coco had her hands full with a baby - by now she's probably got one or two more!

I miss some of the old people too! Of course I love seeing the site grow and having lots of new members. I have been a member for almost 3 1/2 years. I thought I had joined before James and I were married, but I just checked and I joined April 4, 2004. LOL 04-04-04! :cool:

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Like many here, I started with the Food TV network. I enjoyed answering questions that many young folk had about cooking. When they quit having an interactive forum, I looked and found this one. I really enjoy it.

I was searching for cooking sites that could help me find alternative spices for the chili peppers I am allergic to! LOL Soooo glad I found it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom