"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 09-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #51
Assistant Cook
I googled tenderizing meat because I had some old shoes to cook and came across a discussion on ... think it was bi-carb... so. Well, here I am.

KellySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #52
Head Chef
I was searching for information on something related to cooking--don't remember what--and all the entries that came up before DC were lame. Here I found what I wanted and a lot more that I didn't yet know I was looking for. I lurked for a bit, liked what I saw, and signed up. I have since benefited greatly from the gracious and interesting people and from the depth of knowledge available. It's a unique place; I'm glad I found it!

"To be broke is not a disgrace, it is only a catastrophe." -- Nero Wolfe/Rex Stout
bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Originally Posted by ironchef View Post
I was bored and was looking for an internet forum on food and cooking. The FoodTV boards seemed very lame, and I found this site from a search on Yahoo!. Along with KElf and a couple of others, I'm probably one of the very few people that remember posters like Coco, oldcoot, and Carnivore.
Those are some names I miss seeing IC. oldcoot's site is still up and running. It would be pure luck if I tried to e-mail carnivore and actually get him. I might just give it a try though! Coco had her hands full with a baby - by now she's probably got one or two more!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #54
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I miss some of the old people too! Of course I love seeing the site grow and having lots of new members. I have been a member for almost 3 1/2 years. I thought I had joined before James and I were married, but I just checked and I joined April 4, 2004. LOL 04-04-04!

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #55
Master Chef
Like many here, I started with the Food TV network. I enjoyed answering questions that many young folk had about cooking. When they quit having an interactive forum, I looked and found this one. I really enjoy it.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #56
Senior Cook
I was searching for cooking sites that could help me find alternative spices for the chili peppers I am allergic to! LOL Soooo glad I found it!

Kaddehawk is offline   Reply With Quote