How did you first find/join dc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I googled in looking for a recipe. I am also a member of another site. Right now I can't even remember the name of it. I hardly ever go there.

I was searching for a recipe today, actually; free iPhone app?..sure :) still trying to figure it all out but I'm liking it so far!

I was looking for an American site to learn about BBQ smoking, I found a US fishing and hunting site that had a link to DC.:)

Next month it will be seven! years since I found DC. I was hunting for a recipe (can't even remember what it was now) and this site was on the results list. I've been here off and on ever since.

In 2008 was googling a cooking related question that I cannot remember now. I signed up lurked for a while, then because if was close to the holidays, got busy and never came back until I think about February of this year when an extended illness kept me off work for a while with time on my hands. I am glad I popped back in, there are so many nice folks, great advice and wonderful recipes here! I wish I had stuck around earlier! :) My loss! Trying to make up for that now!

Last edited:
i have been here for so long, that i don't remember how i got here. good friends and tasty recipes have kept me here.

many members of this dc forum are offering up warm, heartfelt testimonials to describe their feelings of attachment to this community of folk. babetoo, you have summed it up most endearingly....:)

I was looking up a recipe, and IPad said there was an app for DC, downloaded it and have been here ever since!

I was looking for a cooking forum to learn new things and friends to chat with, and I hit the jackpot!

I was a crossover from the TV food network. I loved this as an outlet for my grocery store habits! I'm always helping people at my grocery stores, everywhere I've lived and shopped. So many times I've helped confused shoppers from young newly together couples who never had to cook before, to an elderly gentleman who saw me handling the avocados and wanted to know what I was looking for, he'd never bought one before. His inclination was to go for the greenest. I simply asked him when he was planning to eat it. No, you can't eat that one tonight. Are you slicing or mashing (guacomole) it? The latter? Then this is the one you want. Once it was a young man who was making his first meal for his future in-laws and wanted to buy a cheaper cut of pork while his fiancee wanted to buy tenderloins. I recommended at least a loin, but probably the tenderloin, they're full proof and it is already almost dinner time.

Oh, I'm digressing, as usual. but coming to this site gives me an outlet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom