"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
Master Chef

How did you spend your day?

It was a beautiful day to get out today!! We went running around today. First to the Farm Market because I love the pastas, oils, bread etc. This place has a little of everything including produce, flowers/plans (nursery), imported products, deli, fish, bakery, coffee beans, organic & natural foods and even a petting zoo!! Then second floor has furniture made by the Amish. I haven't checked all the nooks and crannies lately which change from time to time and with the seasons/holidays. Then we went to the farm/nursery/outdoor gardens to pick up hay bales, corn stalks and assorted Halloween doodads! Here are some pics of the goodies I got at the Farm Market. The Halloween pics will come later after decorating is done. We had a late lunch so no clue if or when dinner will be.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

Wow, that's quite a haul, MsM!!!!

Dad's gone to an all day outing with his Seniors Group (I am so glad for both of this that he has this on Friday's). Usually it is just until 2:30, but they were having lunch at the centre, going to a local play and then going out for dinner.

I spent my morning with a little nap, then got some laundry done, my desk cleaned off and a nice lunch with DH before he went to work. I am planning a baby shower for my niece, so I was able to get some work done on that, then put my leg up in my recliner to rest it and read for an hour. Now I am baking some diabetic brownies for Dad and gluten free cookies for DH.

Tonight Dad and I have a whole slew of hockey, baseball and football games to watch after he comes home!

A great day all round!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
Everymom

Met with antique dealer about Mom's cast iron stove.
Did a Costco run.
Met my friend for a late lunch and played with the baby.
Came home, hemmed two pairs of pants in 1/2 an hour (by hand!!!)
Drove both girls to their respective jobs.
Made a quick "football dinner" for Ken and I
Went out to meet other friends at the dog park for a walk. GORGEOUS NIGHT!
Brought friends home and drank some wine
Came to DC to catch up on all I missed today!

(I did laundry and kitchen clean up crap too, but thats just the usual stuff)

Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I woke up about 5:30 am, made coffee in the room and sat on the balcony, waiting for the sun to come up. It never really did, it was gray and cloudy all day, raining off and on.

Shrek finally woke up about 7, we showered and dressed and went down to the Cafe for the breakfast buffet. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, broasted potatoes and 1/2 of a huckleberry muffin.

We walked outside in the rain, hung out on the dock, watching the gulls and the die-hards in their boats. Back up to the room, because it was raining harder. Sat out on the balcony, playing rummy and watching the lake. We ordered room service. Shrek got a fish wrap sandwich and I ordered a cajun pizza, we shared a Remolaude salad. The food was really good, but horribly over-priced at the resort. Another walk, it was just misty then.

About dinner time, we still weren't hungry, so we went down to the bar and ordered Irish Coffees...very tasty. Back up to the room and the balcony to watch the sun set. We ended up watching a movie (The Sorcerer's Apprentice) and then to bed.