How do you carry your laundry to the coin laundry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anticuchos

Assistant Cook
I do not have the luxury of a car or my own washer and dryer. The coin laundry is just 2 blocks away. So I walk there weekly. I carry it with a "garbage" bag since using the laundry basket will collect dust and emission. I have been looking for an alternative since carrying a garbage bag of clothes looks silly. Also because sometimes it tears. For those in a simular situation, how do you carry your laundry?

I now fill up the basket and walk downstairs. When I went to a laundromat, I used an army surplus duffel bag.

As middie suggested, a wire shopping cart with wheels. OR how about a wheeled cooler. You can put your clothes in a bag to put in it. Then you'll have a cooler when you need it. Also, you can sit on it if the laundromat is crowded.

Have you seen those cool laundry baskets that fold flat? They have wire around the outside and fabric sides. They would be the perfect thing IMO.

moving laundry

Why don't you look at a second hand store for a childs wagon? I used to have one that had belonged to my grandson, and it was handy for all sorts of things.

Pillowcases would also work for transporting your laundry to and from the laundromat. My question to you, however, is, really now, exactly how much dust and emmisions can be absorbed by your laundry during a two block walk anyhow?

bullseye said:
I now fill up the basket and walk downstairs. When I went to a laundromat, I used an army surplus duffel bag.

I used an army duffel bag too. It holds alot of laundry!

amber said:
I used an army duffel bag too. It holds alot of laundry!
Yes! The flat bottom allows you to keep clean and folded things relatively wrinkle-free, as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will see if I can find a large cloth bag or large duffel bag.
Pillowcases would also work for transporting your laundry to and from the laundromat.
A week-worth laundry?
My question to you, however, is, really now, exactly how much dust and emmisions can be absorbed by your laundry during a two block walk anyhow?
Plenty.... For me, it is not a sunshine walk through the quiet neighborhood. I have to walk along a road with lots and lots of traffic with many trucks. I can take a tissue paper and wipe a leaf in my area, and there would be black dust. I have to do the same with my face and wash it when I come home.

There are many types of bags that are sold in the Supermarket. They have some with such stretch capacity that nothing can break through.

Happy Saturday.

Reading this thread was interesting for me as I am Australian and live in a rural area. I have my own washing machine (necessary as no laundromat in my area) and hang the clothes outside on a clothesline! I am thinking that a clothesline would do major damage to clothes in your area.

By the way, while you may see having your own washer and drier only as a luxury, do realize that doing laundry in a laundromat is far more efficient. Yes, of course I can do other things around the house while I do my washing and drying, but it still necessarily has to be over the course of a couple of days. Yes, you have more hassle getting the clothes there and back, but much less time overall!

Back
Top Bottom