How do you get into the spirit of the holidays?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is going to be a particularly difficult christmas this year. My husband's mother is gravely ill. She is in her final stages of Altzimers and the doctors gave her 2 weeks to live (give or take). It has been 23 days. That is her in the chair last christmas. The two gentlemen behind her will be what I will concentrate on this and every holiday. I'm happy at christmas as long as I have family, a plate full of food, a little music playing in the background and a few gifts under the tree for my son.
img_711577_0_5f2f9ad6d939a2b116b13702cf9542ce.jpg

This is going to be a particularly difficult christmas this year. My husband's mother is gravely ill. She is in her final stages of Altzimers and the doctors gave her 2 weeks to live (give or take). It has been 23 days. That is her in the chair last christmas. The two gentlemen behind her will be what I will concentrate on this and every holiday. I'm happy at christmas as long as I have family, a plate full of food, a little music playing in the background and a few gifts under the tree for my son.
img_711603_0_5f2f9ad6d939a2b116b13702cf9542ce.jpg
I am so sorry, yes this one is going to very hard for us also it is the first Christmas since little boy was killed. Quite frankly I do not know how to cope with this horrible grief sometimes.

That is a wonderful picture, getoutamykitchen!! Cherish it!! Pictures WITH my mom are non exsistant.

africhef, I am SO sorry that you are going through this. How horrible. I pray your holidays are filled with happy memories instead of sorrow. God Bless!!

I have the hardest time getting into Christmas anymore. I opened a candle that I forgot about that was cinnamon apple. It smells like Christmas to me. It actually made me think of it and I'm hoping that burning this and others will help me get in the mood. What does it for you?

By looking around me and counting my blessings!!:wub:

And prayers to Africhef and GOMK!! We are with you guys!!

Back
Top Bottom