How do you make butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put milk in a clean glass container with a lid. Shake very hard and keep shaking. Eventually it will turn to butter.

Perhaps faster since there is more fat ....

Take some cream and whip the dickens out of it with a stand mixer or hand mixer.

You'll first make whipped cream, but keep on going. You'll eventually make butter.

Then after you get to the butter stage, you should rinse it to wash of any milk so it won't go rancid. Then knead it to get out all the pockets of liquid in the butter and rinse more.

Add salt if you like.

That's how I make it jennyema, it's the fastest way and if you want to make a special herb butter, that's the perfect time to do it :eek:)

Isn't it more commonly and more easily done with cream, GB?

It can be done in a mixer as well. I once accidentally did it while helping my mother make whipped cream in her mixer. I've never actually made butter intentionally, though I've occasionally thought about it.

Wow, I'm slow. Just to let folks know, I didn't ignore all your responses, when I started my reply there was only the original post and GB's reply.

I can't believe it would be that easy to make butter.... but you got me thinking now!

Well, as a beginner kindergarten teacher many moons ago I was quite skeptical when my two very experienced teammates said that the kids made butter in baby food jars by shaking up full cream inside them.......no way.......the kids were excited and shook and bounced and we played Raffi, etc.........in no time we cornered the "I Can't Believe it's Butter" market.....we spread it on bread and it was delicious!!!

Back
Top Bottom