How do you make your house smell Christmassy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I put cloves and cinnamon in the oven when I am baking.

What do you do? Maybe there is something new I can also add to make the house smell extra great.

Mel

Put a cinnamon stick, a couple of cloves and some orange peels into a pot of water and simmer very gently for a few hours. Keep an eye on it, making sure it just simmers.

Put a cinnamon stick, a couple of cloves and some orange peels into a pot of water, honey, and vodka and simmer very gently for a few hours. Keep an eye on it, making sure it just simmers.

Fixed! :angel:

What? :whistling

LOL rj....

I have a teeny little crockpot, about 2 cup capacity, that was made to simmer potpourri.... I use that with potpourri, a little water, and some scented liquid stuff I get at walmart.

I need to figure out where I put it now.......

hahaha good one Wart.........for me, I am a candle burning, incense lighting type of gal. Been known to spray here and there too.

Hi Jay... a lot of smells do that to me too Jay! And when I get one I suffer badly!!!

But... one candle burning at a time doesn't seem to bother me. Two different candle smells...and I'm a gonner... I can't even walk by one of those candle stores. I understand how you feel! :)

Hi Jay... a lot of smells do that to me too Jay! And when I get one I suffer badly!!!

But... one candle burning at a time doesn't seem to bother me. Two different candle smells...and I'm a gonner... I can't even walk by one of those candle stores. I understand how you feel! :)
I tried to post a couple of links to info on how toxic scented candles are, but I haven't got enough posts yet. Google "scented candles toxic" and you can read for yourself about how bad these things are, including all that Glade crapola.

I got many Christian neighbors, they prepare cakes and other items for Christmas. I can smell the delicious aroma of fresh baked cakes.

I also like the smell because I know they will give us those cakes or invite us for dinner.

Wart - Ewww, but, really funny.

DW used to have ceramic domaflitchies that laid on top of the light bulbs in the lamps. They could be filled with whatever. When the bulb was on it heated the whatever and we were on our way.

JayF - I feel bad for your afliction. Do natural smells, pine boughs, oranges, etc. Cause the same reaction.

I really like Uncle Bob's idea best.

AC

Back
Top Bottom