"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #11
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
My neighbors tease me ALL the time! They never see me if the temp goes below 40. I am with you auntdot- I may as well hibernate in the winter. It seems like I am missing out on so much, but I get a blast of cold air when I open the door, and my mind is made up! Now during spring, summer, and fall, I am outdoors most of the time, and then I get "harassing" (kidding) emails from DCer's, "Shannon, where have you been". Can't win, I tell ya. I may have to start checking out the baromoetric pressure thing and track it to see, very interesting. I blame my moods and sleepiness on PMS- woohooo, maybe I can add this to the list! Watch out!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #12
Sous Chef

That's why our 5th wheel brot us to Palm Springs - to find the sun!!!!! And...after going thru a huge sand storm last Monday, we finally have warm sun down here! I'm with the others who just have to have sun.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
being riddled with Arthritis, yes, the weather does affect me quite significantly :(
it`s not so much the cold as the Damp in the air that does it in my opinion.

I can "feel" Electical storms Long before they occur also, although I`m not 100% sure HOW that actualy works?

and Snow Always cheers me up, but I suspect that`s largely a Psychological effect rather than a Physiological one.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #14
Hospitality Queen

I LOVE COLD, RAINY DAYS!!!

The colder and wetter and darker outside, the happier I am.
Sun is not something I look forward to. The only time I love the sunshine beaming is when it's still quite brisk outside. The hottest I don't mind is about 60 degrees or so. I prefer temps in the mid-30s, but unfortunately we don't get much of that. I often wake up very early, just so I can sit outside before the day heats up. Once it's hot, I'm indoors.

Very often in summer, we hit 110+ for weeks on end.

I'd move in a heartbeat, but dh's job keeps us here.
(oh, and to keep the monkey wrench intact: I grew up on the beach and never have cared much for it.)
Old 03-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #15
Master Chef

The weather really affects me, both mentally and physically. I just try to remember what my mother always said..."Some days, we have to make our own sunshine."
Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #16
Executive Chef

I also like colder weather I hate being hot or sweating.Dh is always yelling at me because I have the windows open in the daytime in winter.If its around 40 degrees and sunny I turn off the heater and open a couple of windows.Im warm natured so the cold doesn't get to me like it does other people.Hot summers are just awful but it cools down real nice at night here in the mountains.Then the windows are open again.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #17
Hospitality Queen

hooray hooray! I knew it wasn't just me!
Old 03-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Winter can go bye-bye. I'm ready for warmer weather. Ohio is a pain tho, because it can go from one extreme to another. For example, yesterday it was a very spring-like 56 with blue skies and puffy clouds. I was on top of the world, spring is near! Right now, it's snowing.

Ideally, I'd like a brief, snowy winter. Unfortunately, winter in Ohio means that sunlight disappears for about three months and it's just cold, wet and dreary. Maybe that's why I appreciate spring and summer so much!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM   #19
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I feel like I am powered by the sun, I love a sunny day, makes me motivated. As for rainy days, I don't mind them every now and again, but after a couple of days, it is depressing and I find it hard to get motivated.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`m not a Sun lover either and to me H*ll Would be Hot (as it says on the box), nice an Cool is how I like it (hence Snow), rain is second best choice as long as it isn`t Windy, I Hate the Wind!

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote