"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #21
Master Chef

I don't like it when its blistering hot/humid outside nor when its extremely cold..... but if I had to chose I'd take the heat. I get very grumpy when I'm out in the severe cold but I calm down when I get warmed back up. DH can't get the car door opened fast enough for me so I usually bolt with key remote in hand and leave him trailing . I stay inside most of the time when its cold out and usually only venture out if need be. My friends will attest that I hardly show myself during this time.
In the warm weather you'll find me out and about, working in the yard, etc... I have a great deal of energy during this time.

I'm a Sunny 70 to 75 degree kind of gal.....thats my comfort level.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #22
Head Chef

I have a lot more energy in the fall because the temperatures are in the 60's and 70' - but in the summer the temperatures range from 90 to 110 degrees.

I can't wait for Daylight Savings Time on Sunday March 11th because the days will get longer and it won't get dark until about 6:30PM.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #23
Master Chef

[quote=jkath]I LOVE COLD, RAINY DAYS!!!

The colder and wetter and darker outside, the happier I am.
Sun is not something I look forward to. The only time I love the sunshine beaming is when it's still quite brisk outside. The hottest I don't mind is about 60 degrees or so. I prefer temps in the mid-30s, but unfortunately we don't get much of that. I often wake up very early, just so I can sit outside before the day heats up. Once it's hot, I'm indoors.

jkath

I feel the same way. I love dreary weather. I really suffer in the summer time because I can't take the heat, I don't have any sweat glands. I have to be very careful.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 PM   #24
DC Grandma

High pressure systems often start headaches. When we first moved here if we went "up the hill" to fish the change in the altitude would start one.

I like the 60-70's and I love to watch the rain. The weather was so great when I was a kid..growing up in San diego. But if you go inland about 30 miles or so you can go from 60's to 80's

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #25
Sous Chef

jkath and jpm - isn't feeling like that unAmerican???? :) :)