How Early Did Your Children/Grandkids Get Up On Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I knew that our daughter was really excited about Christmas, but I didn't realize just how much so, until she woke up for the day at 2:30 AM!:wacko: She snuggled with me for awhile but never fell back to sleep. Around 4 it dawned on me why (before that I was just too focused on sleep!:rolleyes:). I asked her, "Are you having trouble sleeping because you're excited to see what Santa and the reindeer left downstairs?" At 2 years old, I don't think she recognized the feeling either, until I asked her and then it was, Bingo! She started talking non-stop about all the food she'd left for them and if they ate it and was chomping at the bit to get downstairs! Suffice to say it was an incredibly fun, but really, really long day!

So what time did your Christmas morning start?:)

I woke up at 7am and she was already awake with Nana and Mommy.

When DW put her to sleep the night before they both laid down in the bed together. DW was going to stay with her until she fell asleep. I needed to ask DW something so I poked my head in the room hoping DD had fallen asleep. She had not. She sat up and in a disappointed voice said "Oh daddy I thought you were Santa".

I called and woke mine up around 10.
He'd would have slept all day... 23 years old and sleeping at that age is so much more important than letting ME open my gifts. lol

Fisher was up by 6 but had to wait until the rest of us could pour coffee down our throats and get the video cam set up. He was worried because he had said something mean to his sister the night before and thought Santa would penalize him for it. When he went downstairs Christmas morning to check and see if Santa had come, he woke everyone up and then got worried again and ran back down to make sure there were some gifts with his name on them.

5:30, but they get up at that time every day. I don't know why, I wish they wouldn't!

when everyone left Christmas Eve, I finished up putting things in the refrigerator and climbed into bed, all the while thinking, ahh no dialisys, no little kids til afternoon, nothing just peace and quiet..Yep, at 5:30 the phone rang, I opened one eye grabbed the phone, it was Cade and a chattering Carson, guess what Santa brought? When are you coming over to see?..15 minutes later, I close my eyes once again, and the blasted phone rings again, this time it's Ethan and his sister, same song, same dance..so by this time I know sleep is not to be..So, I crawl out of bed, get dressed and we start the rounds of visits:ROFLMAO: You know what? seeing those little faces as they displayed there new toys, it was worth it...What heaven.
kadesma

I no longer have young children but now it's me getting up at the crack of dawn. Go figure!

Our kids and grandkids are thousands of miles away, so it is just the two of us. We were up all night (watching movies, goofing around on computer, wrapping presents, etc.)--James probably got to bed around 5:00 a.m. and I got to bed around 8:30 a.m., so we slept until around 1:00 p.m. We got started opening our Christmas presents around 2:00 in the afternoon.

:-pBarbara

Christmas Eve, Aidan wanted to go to bed an hour early. He didn't even want to read any books. :ohmy: We got him back up and did the bed routine.

He woke same time as usual, about 7am and brought his dad a Christmas present in bed. :)

GB, your little girl sure is a cutie! How is Osher doing?

6:24am but also 3 other undetermined times during the night also.

all in all, not a bad sleep in for us :)

i set an alarm for 6am to get the last few gifts wrapped, then i snuck into the living room with cameras ready and crashed on the couch. my boy woke up around 7:30, and i heard him ask "mama, did santa come yet?".

as i fumbled getting the cameras going, he walked into the living room all bleary eyed. not noticing all of the gifts yet, he excitedly said, "yay! santa ate my cookies and drank my milk!"

then his eyes grew wide as a huge smile broke across his face. he said" daddy, are all of those for me? i was a REALLY good boy!"

i'm glad i got it all on tape.

i set an alarm for 6am to get the last few gifts wrapped, then i snuck into the living room with cameras ready and crashed on the couch. my boy woke up around 7:30, and i heard him ask "mama, did santa come yet?".

as i fumbled getting the cameras going, he walked into the living room all bleary eyed. not noticing all of the gifts yet, he excitedly said, "yay! santa ate my cookies and drank my milk!"

then his eyes grew wide as a huge smile broke across his face. he said" daddy, are all of those for me? i was a REALLY good boy!"

i'm glad i got it all on tape.
That is very sweet!

Back
Top Bottom