"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #51
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Good Evening LPB,

If you count, the sauce on bottom = 1 layer, then lasagne sheets = layer 2 and then, filling = layer 3, then more lasagne sheets = 4th and the Bechamel is number 7 ( in mine ! ) ... so Please recount ... filling is a layer.

*** you have a skyscraper there !!! Yum ...

Thanks for feedback.

Kind regards.
Margi.
Thanks, Margi. I was meaning if you ONLY count the noodles, then mine is a three layer, but I numbered each layer in my description as 1 - 10!

Now you all have me wanting to make some lasagna!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #52
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano
@ Addie,

Ricotta is quite spreadable when at room temperature --- and put in Food Processor with Pecorino, Buffala di Mozzarella ---

However, Skittle prepares her´s quite different than I do.

I personally do not combine the vegetables with the mushrooms, nor the cheese. I have three aspects: 1st: the ricotta, pecorino and buffala di mozzarella mixture with only the spinach or the spinach in my dough, for a spinach lasagne
2ndly: the mushrooms sliced and intact, which were sautéed
3rdly: the veggie combination

The ricotta mix is a cheese spread; which is spread on the lasagne sheets, then, the veggies on top spread. The mushrooms are placed on top of that, and then, another sheet layer of lasagne sheets ...

Have lovely day.
Margi.
I have never tried mixing the veggies mushrooms and ricotta together- I just like the idea. I usually chop them up and put them in the sauce. I do a layer of sauce, a layer of noodles, a layer of ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan, another layer of sauce, then noodles, then cheese and so on until I have three layers of each. So if you count each layer of cheese, sauce, and pasta a separate layer, I guess I do ten layers (since there are 4 layers of sauce)

Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Try swapping out the noodles and using thinly sliced eggplant instead!
I do that, too. I usually roast it, before layering. Since I'm not allowed the breading, either!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

I do mine like Margi does. All cheeses together, sliced mushrooms and other foods sauteed first. I want texture, not mush. And I do lay my noodles in opposite directions. The noodle is the start of each new layer. What goes on top of that noodle is part of that layer. I don't consider the additions a different layer. So if you use seven noodles, then you have seven layers.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #55
Executive Chef

@ Addie,

You are Right On Lady ! Texture, not mush ! I have an intense dislike for mushy textured anything ... pasta not al dente and too soft because it is overcooked, for example, Runny thin mashed potatoes, overcooked anything and a lasagne´s Bechamel not a bit crisp and golden bubbly !!

Thanks everyone for all your input. Interesting post.
Margi.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #56
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I have never tried mixing the veggies mushrooms and ricotta together- I just like the idea.
as I mentioned before the main reason I do that is to hide anwanted items from the family members. Otherwise I would have to make 4 separate lasagnas. One doesn't like mushrooms, one doesn't like peppers, one doesn't like melted cheese and i do not like spinach.
When mixhed the flavor and taste is there, but nobody can say that there is something they do not like, as long as they cannot see it, they/we are good.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
as I mentioned before the main reason I do that is to hide anwanted items from the family members. Otherwise I would have to make 4 separate lasagnas. One doesn't like mushrooms, one doesn't like peppers, one doesn't like melted cheese and i do not like spinach.
When mixhed the flavor and taste is there, but nobody can say that there is something they do not like, as long as they cannot see it, they/we are good.
I never understood why some families cooked separate meals for all the members of the family. I always believed in giving my family a choice. Eat it or go hungry. The choice is yours. I do not run a restaurant.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #58
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

I never understood why some families cooked separate meals for all the members of the family. I always believed in giving my family a choice. Eat it or go hungry. The choice is yours. I do not run a restaurant.
In my house it was eat it or make yourself a sandwich, and more for everyone else lol. Luckily for me I was never a picky eater.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #59
Executive Chef

To The Posters On This Thread,
Good Evening,

Enjoyable thread. Thanks alot for all the feedback.
Margi.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #60
Executive Chef

Charlie,

What about Zucchini, Red Bell Sweet Pepper, Tomato or sundried tomatoes, Ricotta and the Parmesano or Pecorino ?

Can that solve the dislike on the mushrooms, spinach and green bell ?

However, yes, a coarse paste in Food Processor combining the
Ricotta with your ingredients works !

Good idea too. Thanks for sharing. I would just keep it more thick and cheesey !

Margi.