How Many Layers Is Your Lasagne?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Margi Cintrano said:
Charlie,

What about Zucchini, Red Bell Sweet Pepper, Tomato or sundried tomatoes, Ricotta and the Parmesano or Pecorino ?

Can that solve the dislike on the mushrooms, spinach and green bell ?

However, yes, a coarse paste in Food Processor combining the
Ricotta with your ingredients works !

Good idea too. Thanks for sharing. I would just keep it more thick and cheesey !

Margi.

Right. If I tried that I would definitely keep the ingredients large and chunky!

Margi, I do not eat zukini or bell peppers. i can do the same thing as I am doing now, but then why bother changing.;)

Skittle,

I would chop the ingredients, for a coarse paste yet spreadable, verses mincing or I would layer after sauté-ing the veggies, and placing the Ricotta directly on the lasagne sheets, then, putting the sautéed red pepper bell which had been roasted, then, the tomato in a coarse salsa sauce, or coulis and then the zucchini sautèed --- then, the lasagne sheet, and repeat. I prefer to use Sun Dried Tomatoes, however, do be cautious, as they can be bitey on palate --- so, they work perfectly blended in the ricotta.

Sorry I am in Madrid, Spain, so there is 6 hrs. between Spain and NYC ... and so time difference in responding.

Enjoy your lasagne,

Margi.

Right. If I tried that I would definitely keep the ingredients large and chunky!

Actually I do that ones in a while when asked to cook for the comunity events. The kitchen in the synagogue doesn't have food processor, so I have to chop everything by hand. Even though I can chop pretty fianly, I found that there is really something in doing it the way I do it at home. It adds another dimention of taste, I, and many others found it to be better when mixture is made in the food processor versus chunks.

Charlie, perhaps a member of the congregation would be kind enough to donate a food processor. Even a used one. :angel:

CharlieD.: Food Processor for Event

:) Good Evening Charlie,

Firstly, I would discuss this with the House of Worship and the Members. Perhaps, someone shall be kind enough to bring one over to the place of the event for your usage. ( Addie has a good idea here ).

Another possibility is to bake the lasagne at home, and / or create it and chill it overnight so it is firm, and place foil and bake it on the premises of the event ...

Have a nice wkend.
Margi.

Charlie,

The blending of the Ricotta with the Parmesano and the veggies, onion, garlic, tomato, spinach or broccoli or zucchini and red, green or gold bell can be nice --- give it a shot.

I like your mushroom, garlic, spinach with the cheese too however, for a change once in awhile.

Do you like tomato and eggplant ? This is wonderful. Need to sauté the eggplant in Evoo, and sauté until golden brown, and use as a layer over the lasagne sheets and then, go with the Ricotta Mix of choice. Good too. I am an eggplant fanatic !

Have nice wkend.

Eggplant is one of those foods I would have to chop up. I like the flavour it adds, but really dislike getting a big chunk in my mouth. :LOL:

Charlie, when a dish is made for an event, does it have to be strictly within the kosher dietary laws? Or does your House of Worship lean more to the reform movement?

One of the gentlemen my son does work for observes the high holy days like Passover. For the rest of the year, bacon and eggs are his favorite breakfast. :)

Tax Lady,

I love eggplant ( aubergine ) sautéed in Evoo and / or roasted with a drizzle of Evoo ... Drizzle of lemon ... I do not know if you recall, I had done a whole topic ( Vegetable Section ) on the subject, and everyone had sent me recipes and views ... I also am a big fan of Babaganuj, eggplant spread with tahine, similar to a hummus in texture ...

And, my fave eggplant dish is Melanzanie di Lecce, which is eggplant from Lecce, Puglia ... it is a lasagne however, without the lasagne pasta sheets, it uses sautéed eggplant instead and has layers of filling of ricotta hand made, garlic, onion, Pecorino and Parmesano ... Divine once in awhile.

Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Addie,

I peel most of it off before cooking mine ... I do like just a bit, for the violet thin rim for color ... I either sautéed or oven roast ... with Evoo ...

Have a nice wkend.
Margi.

Charlie, when a dish is made for an event, does it have to be strictly within the kosher dietary laws? Or does your House of Worship lean more to the reform movement?

Addie, I belong to what's today is called an Ultra Orthodox.:)
It alwas has to be kosher. No fooling around.

Addie, I belong to what's today is called an Ultra Orthodox.:)
It always has to be kosher. No fooling around.

Aha! I completely understand. I have always admired families that are Orthodox. It can be very difficult to stick to the practices of the faith in today's world. Thank you. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom