How many Nathans Hot Dogs and buns can you eat in 12 minutes????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Many Nathans Hotdogs and buns can you eat in 12 minutes???

• 1-5

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • 5-10

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 10-15

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-25

• 25-30

• 30-35

• 40-45

• 45-50

• 50+

• Total voters

kleenex

Master Chef
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2100385

Takeru Kobayashi from Japan ate 49 Nathans Hotdogs and buns in 12 minutes this year. His record is 53.5 hotdogs and buns.

He stands 5 feet 7 inches and weighs just 144 pounds.

American Girl Sonya Thomas stuffed down an american record 37 hotdogs and buns. She weighs only 105 pounds.

I've pretty much lost my ability to gorge thanks to my diet (my stomache has really shrunk a lot) but on the subject of tiny people packing away a lot of food:

Back in highschool we used to go to an all you can eat pizza buffet. At that place we commited sins against nature and human decency, so much so that every time we went they raised the price the next day.

Still none was as crazy as Kamada... a short chilango * (probably 5'4") and skinny to boot the guy once put away 16 "pizza sandwiches". This was basically a slice of pizza, spaggety and another slice... In second place was Alberto (El Gordo) who put away 23 regular slices (pretty far from Kamadas record and probably weighed almost twice as much as him). Personally I would go to gorge on the salad bar hitting them where it hurts... worse part is we wouldent buy sodas. When they would stop sending pitchers of water we would take oranges from the salad bar to wash the food down.

* Chilango: Mexico city native, usually known for being short and skinny.

Last edited:
Note folks:

53.5 Nathans Hotdogs and buns is 750% of recommended government daily allowance for for things like calories.

1, I'm a slow slow eater. ( and I don't like hotdogs)

Last edited:
One really early morning when I couldn't sleep I flipped on the tv and saw this eating contest show and it had the Takeru guy on there. I have never been so amazed and disgusted in my life. Amazed that this "rail" of a person could eat so many hotdogs and was just going like there was no tomorrow and disgusted because it really is gross watching people pack in as many hotdogs as they can as quick as they can. A lot of people were getting sick and being sloppy. It was gross but I just couldn't turn the channel.....

masteraznchefjr said:
i can do the japanese technique lol.

At least one person has said more than 5. That is a start.

I do not know how someone that wieghs like 105 pounds can pack it all in.

kleenex said:
I do not know how someone that wieghs like 105 pounds can pack it all in.

i only weigh 91 pounds and i can eat but i couldn't eat like that!:-p
i picked 1-5.. i don't really like hotdogs but nathan's are actually pretty good, and i would eat one of those.

Boy, what a bunch of weenies we are :ermm:

If you want a real treat wrap a Nathan's hotdog in a slice of bacon and grill it. :) Just keep turning on all sides until the bacon is done.

kleenex said:
Way to go to the person that said 20-25!!!

I thought I was being a little extreme. I voted 10-15 but would only do it if there was some kind of prize/reward. Otherwise it's 2 max.

Back
Top Bottom