"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #21
Certified Cake Maniac
Depending on how things work with holidays this year, I may be able to meet a few of you this year. It is all up in the air so I am not going to say who or where we are going....yet.

Sadly, Barbara, it won't be South Carolina - at least not this year but you never know!

"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Other than my husband? Close to 20, most of them from Discuss Cooking. Good times!

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
I used to belong to a food forum that seven of us formed from the old food network forum. Therewere more of us, but some just slowly faded away. One of them is a member of DC. We got together with some others from the group. I can tell you she knows her food and is a lovely person. I really enjoyed the time I spent with her. She even came to the Pizza Party I had in my home for a group of us. I really enjoyed her company.

Other than her, I have met about five or six others. I have visited a couple of them more than once in their home. Every time I have taken a trip I end up making that chocolate cake on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can. In fact one of the girls flew me out to California to make the cake for her husband's birthday. I have flown twice to Atlanta twice to make it. There is something magical about that cake. And every Saturday, thegirl in Atlanta calls me and we talk for sometimes more than two hours solving all the problems of the world.

The girl from California, came to Boston for the weekend. I took her and a couple of others on The Freedom Trail. Thy got to board the Constitution (Old Ironsides) climb the steps to the Bunker Hill Monument, Paul Revere House and grave, Mother goose's grave, etc. and that night we all went to the Union Oyster House where JFK used to read his Sunday papers. We were so loud and raucous, I am surprised they didn't throw us out. Every where we went I would point out some historical event that happened at certain spots. They were surprised at just how much of Boston History I knew. I am a Bostonian through and through.

Right now I don't feel safe travelling alone anymore. But I think I might have one more trip in me. I would love to go back to Atlanta. But right now she has a lot goinig on and it would be a bad time to plan a visit.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
Senior Cook
No one... Yet! Although there is someone who I talk to online who I'd love to meet, but they live way across the pond in San Francisco. One day maybe!
However, my mum met her husband online on a self harm support forum. They've been together around 8 years and he's great!
kezlehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
For me it's only been a one time thing. My kids couldn't believe I was actually going to do something like that. " MOM! are you crazy!?" Wha!!!??

I've had the pleasure of meeting our sweet Kadesma.
Had a wonderful day @ Phil's. She truly is in real life what you see here. Sweetness and sunshine. We really enjoyed meeting her and her husband.

@ Kades,
Last time we drove by Phil's ( Our S.F trip ) I did wave at ya, just in case you were there. We took the back roads all the way up. Gorgeous drive. Yeah that was my car that the CHP pulled over.. Just kiddin'

Anytime your ready to go just say the word. I'll be there.
Hangin' around.

Hey Munks
Sorry I didn't mention you by name but I didn't know if it was oK or not. Geez your kids sound like mine oh no you're not gonna do that are you? Now I get a when you going to Phil's again to meet with Monkey? I think they want to get rid of meI'm so glad we just let them squack and did what we wanted. I love Phil's and Bobby Flay for pointing me in the right direction. Hugs to you and yours.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote