How many U.S. states have you visited?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
49 states and Guam. I haven't been to Alaska. A girl friend and I used to get in the car and drive until half our money was gone and then back home. Made for some fun times.

I miscounted. I've done 13. Washington, Oregon, Montana, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Hawaii, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Minnesota, California and Florida. Ken has done nearly all except Alaska and one or two others.

Twenty, give or take. Plus three of Canada's eastern provinces and a couple of places in Mexico. Just to cover the major components of North America.

I didn't read all the replies but I will later on tonight since I have to stay up until wee hours of the morning so I can work the next 3 nights but.....

I've been in 29 states.

The year I turned 29 my boyfriend and I did what we dubbed the national lampoon vacation. We started out in Reading Pa and did a whole loop around the states in 10 or 12 days. I really had a blast. We couldn't stay long at the places we visited but I sure got a good taste of America that year.

We saw the badlands, needle's eye national park, yellow stone, devil's tower, Yosemite park, the salt lake, Mount Rushmore, reno, vegas, carson city, Hoover dam to name a few sites. I had a blast.

We rented a T-bird and either pitched a tent or rented a room out a few times.

Hmmm not that many.

I'm from NY and FL

Been to Vegas so Nevada

Went to a wedding in North Carolina and summer camp

Took weekend trips when I lived in NY - jersey, PA, CT, field trips to DC

Went to summer camp in Maine one year

Drive through other states but I am at 9

Best state ever: NY. Wish I still lived there. Miami is a cesspool

Beats me. I never counted, nor saw a reason to.
I do know someone that is running a marathon in every state. That seems like a nice goal.

c'mon, pac. where's your esprit de corps?

this thread is the reason to count.

i forgot the state that's hi in the middle and round on the ends. i spent a weekend in stuebenville when i was a kid at a religious conference.

so that's 26, plus the district of columbia.

c'mon, pac. where's your esprit de corps?

this thread is the reason to count.

i forgot the state that's hi in the middle and round on the ends. i spent a weekend in stuebenville when i was a kid at a religious conference.

so that's 26, plus the district of columbia.

Ohio. :angel:

...i forgot the state that's hi in the middle and round on the ends. i spent a weekend in stuebenville when i was a kid at a religious conference.....
OHIO! :-p

The Buckeye State. Birthplace of many: entertainers Bob Hope, Fred Willard, Paul Neuman *swoon* and more; space and science includes Thomas Edison, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn; a ton of presidents (heck, Taft was 350# all on his own); plenty of writers...and me. :) It's amazing how many comics have come out of there - then again, I guess you have to have a sense of humor when pundits call you "the mistake on the lake". :-p :LOL:

OHIO! :-p

The Buckeye State. Birthplace of many: entertainers Bob Hope, Fred Willard, Paul Neuman *swoon* and more; space and science includes Thomas Edison, Neil Armstrong, John Glenn; a ton of presidents (heck, Taft was 350# all on his own); plenty of writers...and me. :) It's amazing how many comics have come out of there - then again, I guess you have to have a sense of humor when pundits call you "the mistake on the lake". :-p :LOL:

Bob Hope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was born in England. Came here as a child with his parents. :angel:

I have been to 10, well including MN where I live would be 11. Also I do not count the states I have passed thru when I drove to NY and back few years back from MN, because honestly I do not even remember what they were.

I have been to 10, well including MN where I live would be 11. Also I do not count the states I have passed thru when I drove to NY and back few years back from MN, because honestly I do not even remember what they were.

Charlie it was much easier to remember the names of the states prior to Jefferson making the Louisiana Purchase. But we still can't even remember what the names are of the Original Thirteen States that signed the Constitution. But most Americans can remember Massachusetts because the Pilgrims landed here and started it all. And they remember it because of Thanksgiving.

But at one time if you named a state, I could tell you the capital. Now the brain has turned to mush in my age of becoming a dotty old lady. So it takes a minutes or two for me to remember now. BTW, Massachusetts is the only state where the biggest city of the state is also the capital. :angel:

Charlie it was much easier to remember the names of the states prior to Jefferson making the Louisiana Purchase... :angel:

Back in those days, I'll bet you could rattle them off in a flash! Then Jefferson came along and screwed up everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom