How much are you paying for gas where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Barbara, wasn't meaning to have a go at anyone - that documentary was so shocking I just wanted to share...

Back to the OP, I and thinking of driving to France to fill up! It may sound wacky, but i live about 20 miles from the ferry terminal and you can sometimes get cheap evening return sailings after 6pm. Add in the fact that fuel is cheaper, wine is cheaper and of course the food :D

It's something I used to do a decade ago just for fun, then the fuel savings paid for the trip! So i'm off to find out the price of diesel in France - unless anyone here can offer up a price????

I pay over 4.00 for gas. I am seriously considering a hybrid for my car.

It will take a very long time before you see any savings on fuel because of the high initial cost of the hybrids.

FYI - Replacement batteries usually cost more than the car is worth.

I'm not against them, but the technology is still very new, no matter what brand you are looking at. A better choice would be a fuel efficient gasoline powered car. The cost of used fuel efficient cars has gone up drastically. I use 99-01 Chevy Metros for my company. I was buying these cars back in 03 with 40k miles on them from a wholeseller in CT for $3000. They are now selling for 3-4 thousand with 100k miles on them. And that's "selling" not being offered at.

As of now, my company pays $3.74 at private pumps. Our annual fuel costs are six digits.

Last edited:
It will take a very long time before you see any savings on fuel because of the high initial cost of the hybrids.

FYI - Replacement batteries usually cost more than the car is worth.

I'm not against them, but the technology is still very new, no matter what brand you are looking at. A better choice would be a fuel efficient gasoline powered car. The cost of used fuel efficient cars has gone up drastically. I use 99-01 Chevy Metros for my company. I was buying these cars back in 03 with 40k miles on them from a wholeseller in CT for $3000. They are now selling for 3-4 thousand with 100k miles on them. And that's "selling" not being offered at.

As of now, my company pays $3.74 at private pumps. Our annual fuel costs are six digits.

Actually the honda civic hybrid is not that high priced. I would be trading mine in which they are willing to give me 2,000 over the price of the civic so I would "make" money which I am sure would be used in extras. Then I would have gas savings but much less value in the car. Still on the fence. The battery is under warranty for several years.

It was $3.83 when I filled up on Sunday morning, this morning is was $3.89. Overnight, 6-cent increase. Luickily I live less than a mile from work.

$4.39 here. Worst part is that we moved cities a couple of years ago, but kept the kids in their original school district. It's only 6 miles each way, but 6 miles is expensive now!

Actually the honda civic hybrid is not that high priced. I would be trading mine in which they are willing to give me 2,000 over the price of the civic so I would "make" money which I am sure would be used in extras. Then I would have gas savings but much less value in the car. Still on the fence. The battery is under warranty for several years.

Just putting the info given out there. I was talked out of hybrids for my company by numerous salesman.

:) I looked into hybrids they are great if you use them in town or a city but don't do as well on long highway drives.

today $3.97. no it will not change my plans already made and paid for! However, it will make me a much more careful shopper, making fewer trips to the store etc.

I am about an hour outside of DC in Virginia gas is 4.19 and diesel is a wallet stinging 5.09.

I use diesel which is more expensive than ULP and yesterday US $6.55 a gallon, is diesel more expensive where you are

We are going to be there real soon. The biggest problem I see is in the US our entire URBAN/Suburban master plan formulated after world war ii is predicated on cheap oil. Well oil isnt cheap anymore. We need a major overhaul in thinking now.

Tom the Prophet...

Took me awhile to find this, but finally did! I was moving files from my old computer which is now DW's to my new one, and there it was, lucky I spotted it as it was being copied so I knew where to find it:

Attachments

• 5a9a.jpg
    5a9a.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 95
w00p! Just managed to get 25 litres for £15 (30$us) for stuff that had been drained at a breakers...

Oh and for all you Diesel users, whats the price of veg oil state-side. Old diesel engines can often run on a mix with veg oil. I tried it on my old 4x4 with a 33% mix and it was fine. You DO need to do some research though, especially if running in a cold area. If you want to know more, PM me.

I am paying 4.15 here in Traverse City (Northern lower) Michigan. Fortunately I drive car that gets 22 mpg so I'm okay, but I've cut way down on the driving and find that I can lump several errands and trips into one. I filled my tank from empty the day I flew in, May 20 and I still have a little better than half a tank left.

I spend the summer in an RV park and it's filled with huge, expensive motorhomes. These people have driven a long way to get here and drive Deisel pushed rigs. Deisel is averaging 5.50 per gallon according to them and almost all motorhomes get about 6 to 8 miles per gallon. I guess if you can afford a million dollars plus for a motorhome, who cares what the gas price is???
I'm staying put as long as I can. :cool:

It's getting higher down here in south Texas. Are hybrids really offering a better gas milage? My hubby's car broke down and he's looking into a hybrid.

We are still paying around $3.89. I talked to my dad on Father's Day. He said they (Vista, CA) are paying something like $4.59 for the cheap stuff. I think he said diesel is close to (or maybe over?) $5.00.

:ohmy:Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom