"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-08-2008, 11:47 PM   #31
Head Chef
We're at $3.98 in Atlanta. I hope you win the car Mav. Bless your heart I know you could use it!

Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #32
Master Chef
I am almost afraid I already used up our luck. We got the 98 Accord from one of DW's clients, it had been sitting in their driveway for almost a year unused. Perfect shape, low miles, and we worked out a deal with them. $500 down and $2,500 in labor at $40 an hour on their gardens. Plenty of work to be done on their property so they are happy, and we didn't have to put out much money which is good as we don't have much to put out anyway, LOL.
Either way I am praying incessantly for that Civic Hybrid! So I appreciate any prayers I get on it, LOL.
So thanks Mama!

Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #33
Sous Chef
I paid $4.31 yesterday. Didnt fill the tank cause most places around tow are about $4.10 but I was in the desert with no fill stations within 40 miles.
NAchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:56 AM   #34
Senior Cook
Around $5.50 - fortunately DH's company pays for his gas so that helps a lot over weekends and when we go away.
TanyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #35
$3.81 or $3.85 for regular, and I think there's still a few places with $3.89 regular... Which means that Premium ranges $4.11-$4.19.

I try to comfort myself by reminding me that Europeans have been paying a lot more before it started going up than we are right now, and also in the fact that at 100$ for 50 gallon drum we should be paying $5/gallon but aren't. lol
Garband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:18 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Pook View Post
So does the dog. She likes to bounce between the back seat and the rear cargo area.
having animals loose in a vehicle where thay can get to the front seat is very dangerous. i know of a couple of people who had a dog (or cat or bird) jump onto them while they were driving and caused them to have an accident. one girl i knew had her dog jump on her chasing after something while she was driving on a highway, causing her to go off the road and down an bluff and crash. the dog was killed, and she spent years rehabilitating, losing sight in one eye and a lot of motor coordination on one side of her body.

so, for the sake of everyone ELSE on the road, please crate of tie down your dog to the back seat or rear compartment.

getting back on topic, i just filled up at $3.83 for regular.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 AM   #37
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to mikki
It's up to 4.19 a gallon here.
mikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:13 AM   #38
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by stassie View Post
Using my google and my handy pocket calculator - $5.83 American dollars. I guess it has to travel further to get here!
I use diesel which is more expensive than ULP and yesterday US $6.55 a gallon, is diesel more expensive where you are
We are happy little Vegemites, happy as can be
attie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:54 AM   #39
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by Pook View Post
Wait a minute! I said she jumps between the back seat and rear cargo area. She does not come up to the front seat.
She hops in the back seat. IN THE BACK SEAT!
Okay? Got that? She is not a danger to anyone. Get it? Don't start with me, I used to be a cop and I know what safety is.

So I take it you have a secure cage or something seperating the back seat from the front, because as an ex cop you will know that anything unrestained in the back becomes a missile in an accident, possibly killing those it hits...

There was a graphic depiction of the damage an unbelted rear passenger can have on the front occupant in a documentary the other day - startling!

Doing a bit of research [on thinkseatbelts.com] I found that unrestrained people/animals in a 30mph accident are flung forward with a force of between 30 to 60 times their own weight - so a Border Collie of say 50lb would be thrust forward with a force of at least 1500lb.

So all of you that do carry anything loose in the back may want to think about that.....
Nige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 AM   #40
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Please let's stay on topic (how much you pay for gas). If you have an issue with someone, please do it through PMs.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote