How much are you paying for gas where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thyme2Cook

Cook
How much does gas cost in your area and does it change your vacation plans for this summer? Here in Chicago gasoline is near $4.50 per gallon and I definitely don't plan on taking any long trips this summer.

Regular 89 is $3.89 as of Friday,out in the boonies. I have a feeling it is going to higher when I go today.

$3.99 .. cost $140 in gas for the dw and i to take a nice drive
yesterday ..

Time to start taking public transportation and walking as much as possible. We haven't had a car in two years since living in the UK. We will have 1 car when we move home but luckily SF has great easy public transport.

$4.84 in Northern California. The price of gas has definitely changed my driving. My friends and I carpool alot more when we go out together. I live a hour from the nearest large shopping opportunities. So, if one of us goes shopping we usually ask each other if anyone needs anything. I wish some of my coworkers would carpool, but so far I have not managed to convince any of them. Public transporation is out because we do not have any available in my small rural community.

:) Thats what I was trying to tell DH last week. What kind of barrels did you get? Last thursday it was $ 3.99 to $ 4.20 I'm sure it's higher now.

Miss JP...I used two metal drums that I've had for years...I also have some heavy "plastic" drums...they should work as well...if dark in color. I would not use the white ones...Also when storing gasoline for longer periods a fuel stabilizer is called for....

I paid $4.04 today, but that is at the station that gives $.05 off each Sunday. Everywhere else was $4.09.

It was $ 4.22 yesterday....
Paul and I have started carpooling to work
when ever possible.

I don't think it'll change any summer plans we have because we have
to go and we have to drive.:)

Last edited:
Using my google and my handy pocket calculator - $5.83 American dollars. I guess it has to travel further to get here!

Back
Top Bottom