How much are you paying for gas where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$10.15 / US Gallon for Diesel in Kent, UK

I forgot in an earlier post that the US have different measurement for gallons to the UK, so its actually slightly better than I thought (i was using 4.54L=1Gal before).

How glad am I that I traded in my 15mpg 4x4 for a 50mpg estate car ;)

I pay over 4.00 for gas. I am seriously considering a hybrid for my car. Checked out the honda civic hybrid and do like it. Currently I drive the Acura RL which is a gas hog. Not good for city driving which is what I do. We do use a Suburban 3/4 ton for towing our Airstream. I don't plan to cancel any of my trips but it will force us to make cut back in other areas.

$3.98 now. No big deal, I didn't get myself into a situation where I'm driving a 12mpg behemoth on a 50 mile commute. Hooray for common sense.

No big deal, I didn't get myself into a situation where I'm driving a 12mpg behemoth on a 50 mile commute. Hooray for common sense.
I take exception to that. It is not always about common sense. Some of us have no choice, but to have lengthy commutes. My common sense tells me that I have bought a house in an area that is desirable for the schools and affordable. I then got a new job a few years later that pays much more than I was earning, but is quite a distance away. I do not think my common sense has failed me thank you very much.

I take exception to that. It is not always about common sense. Some of us have no choice, but to have lengthy commutes. My common sense tells me that I have bought a house in an area that is desirable for the schools and affordable. I then got a new job a few years later that pays much more than I was earning, but is quite a distance away. I do not think my common sense has failed me thank you very much.

:rolleyes: Oh c'mon now, I certainly wasn't targeting the exceptions to the rule.

We all know millions of people built/bought further and further out in the car-dependent exurbs in order to get an affordable house, and they are now paying the price, literally.

Forward thinking is not America's strong point.

In Des Moines Iowa gas is 3.98 to 4.15 for the good stuff. living on SSI is a big pain in the tocas now I drive only to the store I can not afford to go any where else

$4.29 here, at the museum yesterday we entered to win a new 2008 Honda Civic hybrid, so everyone pray we are the winners!
DW has to have the van for her business, no way around it and out of all the vehicles she could use it gets the best gas mileage at 24. We just picked up a 98 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder engine, have not had a chance to estimate its mpg yet but I am sure it gets pretty good gas mileage.

We're at $3.98 in Atlanta. I hope you win the car Mav. Bless your heart I know you could use it!

I am almost afraid I already used up our luck. We got the 98 Accord from one of DW's clients, it had been sitting in their driveway for almost a year unused. Perfect shape, low miles, and we worked out a deal with them. $500 down and $2,500 in labor at $40 an hour on their gardens. Plenty of work to be done on their property so they are happy, and we didn't have to put out much money which is good as we don't have much to put out anyway, LOL.
Either way I am praying incessantly for that Civic Hybrid! So I appreciate any prayers I get on it, LOL.
So thanks Mama!

I paid $4.31 yesterday. Didnt fill the tank cause most places around tow are about $4.10 but I was in the desert with no fill stations within 40 miles.

$3.81 or $3.85 for regular, and I think there's still a few places with $3.89 regular... Which means that Premium ranges $4.11-$4.19.

I try to comfort myself by reminding me that Europeans have been paying a lot more before it started going up than we are right now, and also in the fact that at 100$ for 50 gallon drum we should be paying $5/gallon but aren't. lol

So does the dog. She likes to bounce between the back seat and the rear cargo area.

having animals loose in a vehicle where thay can get to the front seat is very dangerous. i know of a couple of people who had a dog (or cat or bird) jump onto them while they were driving and caused them to have an accident. one girl i knew had her dog jump on her chasing after something while she was driving on a highway, causing her to go off the road and down an bluff and crash. the dog was killed, and she spent years rehabilitating, losing sight in one eye and a lot of motor coordination on one side of her body.

so, for the sake of everyone ELSE on the road, please crate of tie down your dog to the back seat or rear compartment.

getting back on topic, i just filled up at $3.83 for regular.

Wait a minute! I said she jumps between the back seat and rear cargo area. She does not come up to the front seat.
She hops in the back seat. IN THE BACK SEAT!
Okay? Got that? She is not a danger to anyone. Get it? Don't start with me, I used to be a cop and I know what safety is.
Geez.
Purrs.

So I take it you have a secure cage or something seperating the back seat from the front, because as an ex cop you will know that anything unrestained in the back becomes a missile in an accident, possibly killing those it hits...

There was a graphic depiction of the damage an unbelted rear passenger can have on the front occupant in a documentary the other day - startling!

Doing a bit of research [on thinkseatbelts.com] I found that unrestrained people/animals in a 30mph accident are flung forward with a force of between 30 to 60 times their own weight - so a Border Collie of say 50lb would be thrust forward with a force of at least 1500lb.

So all of you that do carry anything loose in the back may want to think about that.....

Last edited:
Please let's stay on topic (how much you pay for gas). If you have an issue with someone, please do it through PMs.

:)Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom