How much are you paying for gas where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They say that it is the first million that is the hardest to make. I have decided to work on my second million first since that is easier. Once I get that then I will work on my first ;)

Good point. I have been wasting my time on the first million:LOL: for all these years!

Before you go fill up next time, check out this website:

Cheap Gas In Your Area

Just pop in your zip code and it will tell you where the cheapest gas is in your area. Unfortunately I think it only covers the US.

Right now it's about $1.50 - $1.55 a litre here in Montreal. That works out to about $5.70 a gallon. I'll be paying alot of gas once I start my new job on Monday in Ontario and drive back to Montreal every weekend (3 1/2 hours one way)

Woo 500th post ^_^

Gas station I go to, just told me today, doesn't matter how long I have been getting my gas there, I have to pay with cash before I fill up. He said he doesn't make the rules. Too many are driving off without paying. I paid $4.14 today. People are becoming hostile at the stations. There were eight pumps working and one person pulled away other one backing up to get it and another person came from opposite side and wouldn't let her back into it. They both sat there. Finally the person at the pump got out and said that if the person who backed up didn't move he wouldn't be able to get out. She told him,'get your gas and when you are finished, I will take your place'. Wasn't too nice either. I lef t before I found out if she took his place or not. it is just wild everytime I try to get the gas. This is before 11AM.

The government just never prepared for this to happen. Instead of substituting different ways of transportation they just let this happen. My son drives scooter plus when weather nice rides his bike but he tells me people just can't go by without making some kind of statement or honking the horn. He can't walk as his work is more than 25 miles one way. People should try to think of alternative ways to get to work. otherwise if weather bad he takes the metro link. Public transportation is still around.

Here in Aus Petrol Stations are starting to get cunning. They are putting out of order signs on some of the pumps during the cheaper days of the week and removing them from them on the more expensive days. This has been happening for a while now and only just hit the news.

Here in Aus Petrol Stations are starting to get cunning. They are putting out of order signs on some of the pumps during the cheaper days of the week and removing them from them on the more expensive days. This has been happening for a while now and only just hit the news.
I don't see how that helps them. If a cheap day is $3.50 and they sell gas that day then they are at least earning $3.50 per gallon. If they put an out of order sign up then they are not earning anything. Why would it benefit them to not earn anything over earning $3.50 or whatever the cheaper price is? Something is more than nothing.

I don't see how that helps them. If a cheap day is $3.50 and they sell gas that day then they are at least earning $3.50 per gallon. If they put an out of order sign up then they are not earning anything. Why would it benefit them to not earn anything over earning $3.50 or whatever the cheaper price is? Something is more than nothing.

Yes I dont get it either but it is happening.

Here is the story on it the day after when the Coles/Shell appologised for it.

Coles sorry for rorting drivers over petrol scam | The Daily Telegraph

Our cheapest here is £1.19 a litre for unleaded and £1.32 a litre for deisel - approx double that in US dollars. That is £4.51 and £4.99 a US gallon, doubling makes it around $10 a gallon for deisel.

It was 3.99 yesterday. Then evening came around it jumped to 4.09.
Still 4.09 except one gas station where they dropped it to 3.98.

My SUV (Honda Acura) only takes premium so we are paying about $4.30/gallon here in Missouri. In two weeks' time we will be driving all the way to Oshkosh, Wisconsin for the EAA Airventure. It will be an 8-hour drive and I dread the thought of having to fill up my car for that trip....:ermm:...but then, who am I to complain -- I get 30 miles/gallon in cruise....

Back
Top Bottom