How much do you pay at the pump??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I work nights and yesterday (Wednesday) it was $2.54 for 85 octane (regular), when my wife filled up at 4PM it was $2.68 and when I went to work at 11PM it was $2.89. $0.35 increase in 1 day! This is insane! And of course this is all happening when we have 4 road-trips that we're obligated to... and in a car that gets around 17mpg...

I know this sounds stupid, but I will never forget the last time I filled up for less than $1/gal... It was November 17, 2002 in Cheyenne, WY and I paid $0.98/gal. I can't remember my Mother's birthday but I can remember that date!

On the way into work I notice one of the places I pass was now at $2.99. They are not the least expensive place I usually check, but I am sure it will be going even higher this week.

Paid $3.39 for 93 octane(that was all they had) this morning.

Katrina

Doesn't this all have to do with Katrina? I heard that two oil refineries were put out of order. They all have said we should be more independent with this oil. My niece in Georgia called on her way home from work, said all the gas stations had long lines. Everyone worried they are going to start rationing gas. People are going to start to panic. They have suggested that the whole country boycott the stations for one day and see what the results would be. Having something control our lives like this is truly unfair. Seems whenever something is necessary they use that to their advantage. This all stems from greed. ARen't some people considerting using corn or soy bean oil? So much other things on people's mind already and then to cause more problems? My son rides his bike 26 miles to work one way. Hope someone doesn't find cause to resent it. Life is always presenting problems. Too much for us to handle alone. We all have to try to do our best.

well yesterday we paid 0.98/litre=3.92/gal......today well pay 1.18/litre=4.72/gal........somethigns gotta give!!

tancowgirl2000 said:
well yesterday we paid 0.98/litre=3.92/gal......today well pay 1.18/litre=4.72/gal........somethigns gotta give!!
yeah, its been around $4.60-4.80 this week with no sign of going down to much

Notice they only drastically increase the price of things people really need, gas, milk etc, and never the things you don't need, like cigerettes or beer.

Raine said:
Notice they only drastically increase the price of things people really need, gas, milk etc, and never the things you don't need, like cigerettes or beer.
here in canada cigarettes got taxed fairly heavily and are now $7-10 per pack. Luckily I don't smoke, but it seems like everything is going to get taxed, here atleast.

On CNNHN they had a gas station in the USA with a price tag of 4.99 a gallon for regular.

Hey sinistr, welcome to the boards, good to see another Canadian.

Gas is up to $1.15/liter here, $4.27 a US gallon. YIKES! The stations were lined up for hours yesterday as we got word it was going up.

A family member in the petroleum industry tells me that 40% of our gas dollar goes to the federal government. MORE if you fill up at the PetroCan stations. Sheesh!

:ROFLMAO: I walk. But I do desperately need a new pair of runners, which will set me back a bit, but I'm a sales hound so probably not too much.

We are out in the country, so we can't walk where we need to go. Yesterday our gas was up to $2.49 and today it was $2.99.

:mad: Barbara

GasBuddy

Have any of you tried GasBuddy to find the cheapest gas in your area? I live in tiny town in the middle of nowhere and it still shows the accurate gas prices for every gas station in town...

Back
Top Bottom