How much do you pay at the pump??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bush Needs To put A Freeze on it now! This is nuts The OIL Companies Are Using this as an excuse to Line their pockets.
Its 2.99 for reg. here thats up .50 in less than a week! I know These prices aren't as high as other places but the the sharp raise is more than most of us can afford! Ask for ethanol and for them to make it 50/50 that will start to save us money !

Yesterday it started out at $2.79 and was $3.19 by the end of the day. We heard that by the end of today it should be up to $4.05.

DH and I are trying hard not to complain about how much we're paying for gas when we think of the magnitude of tragedy that hit so many people along the gulf. It still hurts to fill up the tank, though. I just hope it's short term.

YIKES! Last week it was $2.19 - this morning it was $3.09!

Buy less and drive less ... if there isn't a shortage the prices will come back down quicker.

I just paid $3.39 for the highest octane - it seems the Exxon stations have it for 10 cents less across the board than all the other stations.

Yeah I was very surprised that the Exxon station by my office was the lowest ($2.99) either here or by my house. Usually they are a little higher and the smaller places charge a little less, but that seems to be revered right now.

GB said:
Yeah I was very surprised that the Exxon station by my office was the lowest ($2.99) either here or by my house. Usually they are a little higher and the smaller places charge a little less, but that seems to be revered right now.
Since they usually charge more than the smaller places, they can afford to charge a little less now. Also, they are hoping that people will switch over to their gas during the shortage and then continue going there.

:) Barbara

whoo hoo !!!!!!! down to 2.99 at speedway.
everywhere else ranges from 3.09- 3.69 !!!

who'd have thought 2.99 would make me
happy ?? lol. word is it's supposed to go up
3.99 tonight. guess we'll see. glad
i filled up when i did though

I just went into town, Brookshires has the cheapest at $3.00 for regular unleaded
and goes up to $3.29 for premium.
I hope that something happens real soon to bring the prices back down.
I feel for all of you guys in the northern states, looks like ya'll are paying more than we are.

Up to 3.79 for premium here on LI. I waited online at exxon for 2.99. What really stinks from my stand point is you CAN NOT get anywhere on LI without driving aways, and now we can't afford to drive!

its at $6.50 today, I'm glad I got a month supply last week, before this all happened.

On Thursday (Aug 30, I think)(never can remember which months have how many days!!) it was $2.92 at WalMart, which is usually a dime cheaper than all the other stations in town, and a nickel higher than the stations across the river in Dubuque. (In Iowa we can buy gas that is supplemented with corn (don't ask me, I haven't a clue) and it is cheaper. Yes, we asked our Ford dealership (we have an F150) and they said, "Go for it!" So it is cheaper, and not quite as dependent upon the vagueries (oh, dear, spelling) of the foreign and gulf gas markets. Since we need to go to Iowa once a month or so, and we drive so seldom, we gas up when we are there.

Back
Top Bottom