How much Laundry do you do ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only do my own laundry now.... I do a hot wash with bleach every other week. The only thing in there is tiny white socks that I wear at work and the ocassional 'wife beater' tee shirt.

I wash my chef whites (which aren't white at all, my pants are black and white stripes, and my jackets have floral accents) once a week, seperately. My other stuff I do every 4 or 5 days.

I do bed linens once a week with that new Tide detergent, vanilla and lavender. It's lovely.

I usually do at least 2 loads a day, plus washing my swimsuit every other day. I go to the gym and water class 3 times a week, DH golfs and plays in the garage with his tractors, so we have a lot of things to clean up. I never realized in retirement we would still have so much laundry. I wasn't thinking!

My wife and I do about 2-3 loads a week.

A note on the front loader: We had a Kennmore front loader that the "main support bearing" failed. We noticed when we took out a load of clothes covered with black smudges. We thought it may be the black rubber gasket failing so we brought the clothes to a laundrymat to clean them. No such luck. It was the grease from the bearing. Sears wanted to replace the washer with a new one, same model, I said "No Way." They refunded me the cash and I went out and bought a "no frills" large capacity Maytag top loader. It actually has knobs! The cost of the ruined clothes (all my wifes)was etimated at about $600. You never really think about how much money your clothes are worth until they are ruined. Others in my family have front loaders and love them. Good luck with yours.

My young adult sons do their own and I would guess that they each do a load a week. My DH does his own with one load every other week. I do mine with 1 day every other week devoted to laundry. On that day I'll do 4-5 loads. The opposite week I'll wash towels and bedding for 2 loads. I used to do laundry for myself every week when I worked so my scrubs would be clean. I could only wear them once before washing. I have an Admiral top loader that's close to 17 years old. I've thought about replacing it but school tuition for 3 college students on one income, I need to keep it going for a while.

Zero, I`m Married.
you don`t have a dog and bark yourself!:ermm::ROFLMAO:

now I`ll just sit back and wait for the Hate Mail:angel::whistling

When we were living in the residence we had a full sized top loading washer and regular dryer. I Usually did on average 4 loads a week, sometimes 5. When we moved on the boat we were going to the laundramat. Gaaaaack! Hate it! We'd manage to make it every other weekend for 7 to 9 loads.

We made the big splurge and got an Edge Star front loading combo. You put the clothes in and select all the availabe options (extra rinse, water temp (by degrees!), spin speed, cycle, and dryer time. If you're on the mark you go away and when you come back it's clean and dry all in one little machine that fits in about 2 1/2 feet square.

Negative: Smaller loads. Positive: less detergent, etc.,less electrical usage. It has it's own built in water heater and it does a beautiful job. Now I try to do a load a day, lots of dish towels, and DH's work clothes.:):)

I do three loads a week,
1 work clothes, 1 gentle and 1 whites.
Adult daughter does her own, although I often have to remove her clothes from the dryer (and fold them) so I can dry mine.
How in the heck does that girl put 3 weeks worth of laundry in one load?:rolleyes:

There's only 3 of us. But the way the 2 "men" go through clothes it's ridiculous. I do laundry around 3 times a week, otherwise I get mountains ( not piles ) of it.

hmmm, apparenty I can't use your link cos I don't have enough user privileges!

:wacko: Here is a link. Those others might go somewhere odd. I'm not sure what the heck I did, but I think its all fixed now. SORRY!!

JohnL said:
I do three loads a week,
1 work clothes, 1 gentle and 1 whites.
Adult daughter does her own, although I often have to remove her clothes from the dryer (and fold them) so I can dry mine.
How in the heck does that girl put 3 weeks worth of laundry in one load?:rolleyes:

As long as the lid closes, the load will fit, didn't you know that??:ermm: :ohmy: :-p

Back
Top Bottom