How Observant Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got 16. That campbell soup one was tricky, I missed the gold color. I cannot believe I missed which color stripe on the American flag came first, thought for sure it was white, paper clip threw me too, thought there were only two bends, matches question threw me too. Fun though!

24. I thought I was clever to get yellow and gold on number 4. Who knew there was blue on the Campbell's can?

I got 20 - you just have to really think and not think too hard either - just go with your gut or guess and hope for the best! And - I have that soup can a LOT more colorful!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: They should reconsider! :rolleyes:

I got 22. I missed:

#4. Blue? Oh well, haven't open a can of Campbell's in a long time.

#7. Don't smoke.

#12. What the **** is a VHF TV?

Even though I got it, I don't think the seven dwarf question qualifies as a test of ones observancy skills because watching "Snow White" isn't a part of supposed regular activity for most people. Driving, using a phone, turning on a fan, looking at cars, etc. is.

ironchef said:
#12. What the **** is a VHF TV?

I have a feeling that refers to my grandma's day, when tv channels only went from channel 2-13.

Here's a descrip:

Very high frequency (VHF) is the radio frequency range from 30 MHz to 300 MHz. Also known as the meter band or meter wave as the wavelengths range from ten to one meters. Frequencies immediately below VHF is HF, and the next higher frequencies are known as Ultra high frequency (UHF).
Common uses for VHF are FM radio broadcast at 88–108 MHz and television broadcast (together with UHF). VHF is also commonly used for terrestrial navigation systems (VOR in particular), Marine Communication, and aircraft communications.

correct, there`s no VHF TV now, that was way back in the old days of thermionic valves (vacuum tubes I think the Americans call them).
now all is UHF for terestrial TV broadcasts.
415 and 625 lines I think are the standard protocols used AKA (NTSC and PAL).

although you DO get the occasional Ham Radio TV-DX signal on VHF TV (if you`re lucky enough to still have a working model).

YT2095 said:
correct, there`s no VHF TV now, that was way back in the old days of thermionic valves (vacuum tubes I think the Americans call them).
now all is UHF for terestrial TV broadcasts.
415 and 625 lines I think are the standard protocols used AKA (NTSC and PAL).

although you DO get the occasional Ham Radio TV-DX signal on VHF TV (if you`re lucky enough to still have a working model).

I knew you would have the answer, YT. I remember?, back in those days, the inside of grandma's tv had tubes, and the channels went from 2-13 -- was there a #1? don't recall.

AllenOK said:
Well, I got 16, according to the answers listed. However, they didn't answer what's the top number on the FM Dial. I think it's 108, but could be wrong. I've had digital car radios for way to many years now. Also, I think the answer about which way does the water go down the drain is incorrect. In the Northern Hemisphere, cyclonic storm systems (which include hurricanes) rotate counter-clockwise

My washer spins clockwise and the water drains counterclockwise. I have heard that with some recipes such as pudding or mayo that if you start stirring clockwise you have to continue in that direction and if you change to counterclockwise you will ruin it. As in pudding or mayo if you switch, it will become runny. If you are right handed you swirl a whisk clockwise and if you are left handed, you swirl it counterclockwise???

I got 18 but was surprised. I'm very forgetful in everyday stuff. Like what was I saying?

Back
Top Bottom