"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: How often do you eat out/get take out?
more than once a day 1 2.00%
once a day 3 6.00%
more than once a week 14 28.00%
once a week 11 22.00%
more than once a month 8 16.00%
once a month 5 10.00%
rarely or never 10 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #21
Head Chef

Rarely and never fast food (yuk) The thought of eating out really doesn't appeal to me at all.At least at home I know who does what with my food.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #22
Sous Chef

Hmmmm, I'm really surprised at how many eat out so often! Before retiring, I'd grab something from the hotel's kitchen, and I cooked mostly simple meals that would keep for my husband to have good food to come home to. Days off, I'd cook 'good' stuff.

Now that we're retiring, I'm having fun making all the dishes I didn't have time for before. So if we go out to dinner once a month, the food industry in town is lucky...don't bother going to fast foods, unless the hot dog smells at Costco get to us as we're passing... ;)

Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #23
Everymom

BT, didn't mean to imply your DW was slacking, I meant that YOU are a wonderful hubby for thinking of the personal chef etc. Sorry if that didn't come across. And I hear you on the kid food thing. My youngest would eat plain noodles with "stinky cheese" for every meal if I let her. Ugh.
Quote:
i guess i'm a bit of a foodie snob, preferring to go into debt ordering out from a restaurant a lot rather than just eating what she made.
I rather like this statement. In reading many of your posts, its clear that cooking is a joy for you and your recipes reflect wonderful taste. Now you just have to train that youngster of yours to follow along. So that your DW can have a gourmet meal prepped for when you get home. Danged picky kids!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:35 PM   #24
Certified Pretend Chef

I find it interesting that serveral of you have said you only want to go out for fine dining.

We enjoy that as well, but also like the treat of going to a local restaurant that offers everything from subs and pizza to Greek and Italian dishes, fish, fried chicken, etc. For about $30 (if we don't go crazy) two of us get something different from what we usually cook and a break from the routine.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #25
Head Chef

I checked rarely/never. We are in a very remote area. No fast food unless you count the hotdogs cooked on the rotating hotdog cooker at the local gas station. Mr. callie is a great cook and I'm decent enough, too. Our town is so small, we know everyone. That's not always a good thing when we realize who is cooking/prepping/serving food in the few restaurants here. Does that make us snobs?

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #26
Master Chef

I love to cook, but by the same token, I love going out to eat. We usually go at least once a week to our favorite resturaunt. We usually don't do fastfood type joints. When I show up to work... it is usually sushi for me since hubby is opposed to Japanese fair.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #27
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I don't consider the two in the same category. I eat out often. I live in New York, and there are so many fantastic places to try, I could never get to them all! I almost NEVER get take out -- maybe three times a year? So there is no answer in your poll for me.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Wish I was your roommate, June!!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #29
Head Chef

I usually eat out at least 3 times a week and I never get take out. I order dinner in whenever I am not in the mood to cook.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #30
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I work in a typical office. Logically with my money problem I SHOULD make lunch and bring it to work.
I dont. I work in an area that has everything! From VERRRRY good Indian to mexican to BBQ to italian and VERY good polish and there are SIX places in a 2 mile radius for sushi!!! I can write a small book on the places around where I work! Its the best place for food I can imagine. One day, great sushi. THe next, angus burger. The next all you can eat for $5 with WONDERFUL italian! Then theres the Chinese lunch for $5.... and its out of this world. Indian all you eat buffet with lamb! Pizza and hotdog joints! Burritos the size of you head for $5.
Its almost impossible for me NOT to go out every day and experience these places. But it hurts the wallet.