How Often Do You Exercise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
just did ten minutes on my recumbent bike. does both legs and upper body. if that doesn't seem like much, remember that i am 72 years old.

how often do you exercise? how long per day? and finally what kind of exercise do you do?

i am building muscle in my legs after my recent illness. why do you exercise? :mellow::mellow:

At 72, I'm sure you're doing great! I'm 55 (and I recommend everyone preface what they claim with their age and general health), in generally good health, although overweight (not mortally so!). Three days a week I take an hour-long exercise class. For anyone else who might have such problems, once a week it is Pilates and it is a true sanity saver for my sciatica. Then I live in a small, very vertical, town, and walk anyplace I can that is under a mile. It's only a half mile here and there, but it IS always on an incline or decline. When weather precludes this, I manage some weight work, but I hate the stationary bicycle! (Mine isn't recumbent, or I'd probably not hate it so much!)

I exercise by pushing my luck everyday!:LOL:

I am 50 years old, overweight by 25 lbs, I use my recumbent stationary bike for 30 minutes three times a week and I walk for 1 hour everyday, 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes after dinner. Sometimes, I get silly and play on the resistance bench.:ROFLMAO:

I've lost 10 unintended pounds in the last 2 weeks, because of my new dentures...:huh: Too fast, but I'm not going to work at putting them back on.:)

I exercise every day but not your standard routines.

I do my leg exercises every morning and evening to keep my range of motion. If I miss even one session I can feel the replaced joint tighten.

Then there are my finger exercises to keep the stiffness of arthritis at bay.

I do my breathing exercises for my asthma and damaged lung three times a day.

And finally I now have my neck exercises which I do every time I have a spell of vertigo to help train my inner ear and keep these little crystals in there aligned properly.

With all that who has time for regular fitness? :LOL: However, in January I am hoping to get back to my pool classes specially for people with arthritis.

Here are some pics of my home gym.
I started lifting with a team so I only get out there a couple of times a week.

The pics are old.I have added an eliptical,Bigger dumbells,Glute/Ham developer and completely rearranged things.

I am 44 and started lifting when I got Diabetes 2 years ago.I also do as much walking as I can.(can't run)
I don't worry about my weight much.I am a big man and just want to trade some bodyfat for more muscle.
Gotta be big to lift big.I am right on the edge of 2 weight classes so I can lift in either by losing/gaining 2 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4070.jpg
    IMG_4070.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4307.jpg
    IMG_4307.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 147
I jog to the store to get some smokes.:LOL:
Just kidding. I have a Bowflex that I try and do a small routine on three times a week and I try and get out running two or three times also. I have an Alaskan Malamute that needs a half hour walk twice a day. I have my good stretches and bad. But, overall, I think I am doing ok.

5-6 days a week. An hour of cardio every day and I alternate an hour of weights e/o day. I have a gym membership and find it helpful to go to classes to get a maximum work out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom