How often do you wash your vehicle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often do you wash your vehicle?

• Once a week.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • When I can find the time.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Who cares??? I just scrape off the dirt so the lights will shine!

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • After it rains.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1-4 times in the spring/summer. I don't bother in the fall and definitely not in the winter.

I can't tell ya the last time I washed it, cause I forgot. :LOL:

Neither of my trucks EVER got washed. Old trucks with big tires look better dirty anyway. :ROFLMAO:

My DD, The paint is rusting and falling off anyway, so I could care less, the dirt kinda hides all that. :wacko:

When I get my new truck, it'll be either after I come home from off roading or once a week, which ever comes first. :cool:

EDIT: I don't know what everyone's car situation is, but in the winter, it is very important to wash your car. When they put down salt and dirt to break up the snow it also gets caked on under your car, in the wheelwells and on the body. After being under there it will begin to eat away at the undercarrage/body of the car, destroying your baby and it's potential resale value. If they salt/dirt your streets and highways, I would say go at least once a month starting soon after the first salting/dirting or the roads and get the full service (whatever includes getting the underside cleaned and "coated").

Just a friendly tip on car maintance and protection from your resident car guy, Clutch!

Last edited:
um, when Mother Nature says, "holy cr*p, look at her car, and let's the cleansing rain flow". I don't take it personally.

My car is pretty dirty right now. Lots of salt from the roads but its been too cold here to wash it and I was afraid the doors would freeze shut. We are predicted to be in the 40's this weekend so maybe it will get washed. I did take some window cleaner to the headlights, windows and tail lights about a wk ago. How sad it that? :LOL:

That would be a back yard mechanics car wash! LOL!!! I've done that countless times to the Buick! LOL!!

Ok, is it me or does anyone else think their car drives faster or better when it is newly clean?

Cars that look good never go fast. Least not round here. LOL!!!! Round here the better a car looks = there's less going on under the hood = slow car. LOL!!!

Sorry. Track mentality. LOL!!!

I kinda feel the same, but if you reall break down the physics of it all, technically, when cleaned of excess dirt and other caked on stuff, you car weighs slightly less, increasing the power to weight ratio and lessening the inertial force that needs to be over come to accellerate. And also helps with handling and braking. LOL!!!

It's sucks to be a car guy who is in to technicallities! LOL!!!!!

IMO, a clean car seems to drive better, faster.

Clutch said:
EDIT: I don't know what everyone's car situation is, but in the winter, it is very important to wash your car. When they put down salt and dirt to break up the snow it also gets caked on under your car, in the wheelwells and on the body. After being under there it will begin to eat away at the undercarrage/body of the car, destroying your baby and it's potential resale value. If they salt/dirt your streets and highways, I would say go at least once a month starting soon after the first salting/dirting or the roads and get the full service (whatever includes getting the underside cleaned and "coated").

Just a friendly tip on car maintance and protection from your resident car guy, Clutch!

We sprayed our car off a couple of weeks ago at the car wash during the sub-zero weather. We had to bare & grin as we had the biggest shiniest ice ride in town! :LOL:

sattie said:
Ok, is it me or does anyone else think their car drives faster or better when it is newly clean?

nah, if your car is dirty, it seems as if you can't get through town fast enough as everyone is gawking at you, hoping that shell doesn't crack on your car and is somehow launched at theirs. When it's clean and shiny, you whiz by too fast for anyone you care to notice... to really notice. :LOL:

Clutch said:
Cars that look good never go fast. Least not round here. LOL!!!! Round here the better a car looks = there's less going on under the hood = slow car. LOL!!!

Sorry. Track mentality. LOL!!!

I kinda feel the same, but if you reall break down the physics of it all, technically, when cleaned of excess dirt and other caked on stuff, you car weighs slightly less, increasing the power to weight ratio and lessening the inertial force that needs to be over come to accellerate. And also helps with handling and braking. LOL!!!

It's sucks to be a car guy who is in to technicallities! LOL!!!!!

IMO, a clean car seems to drive better, faster.

Maybe when it is clean, there is less air resistance... causing the car to be more aerodynamic.... therefore it gives the impression that it is performing better???

I still can't help but think it is performing better when it is clean... like my car is happy!! :mrgreen:

StirBlue said:
We sprayed our car off a couple of weeks ago at the car wash during the sub-zero weather. We had to bare & grin as we had the biggest shiniest ice ride in town! :LOL:

It's also nice to keep your friendly neighborhood body shop in business fixing broken locks and tantrum driven, enraged busted windows.... The other morning I was 25 cents shy of luring my kid into crawling through the trunk, through the back seat, to open the doors from the inside. Deicer does NOT assist with 2 inches of ice. why can't my front door freeze shut so I just can't get out of my house. oh yeah, they'd tell me to repel from a window.....

Dh does ours. When it's new, he is cleaning it just about every other day, then it gradually winds down to every other week or once a month. Right now, it's pretty bad. Maybe I'll do it.

We keep the inside pristine , though.

My dad instilled it in me, he washes his car all the time, I wash mine at least once a month.

middie said:
When I make the time to do it. And then it's a waste of time because it always rains right after !

+1,000,000,000,000!!!!!!!!

It does that to me every time!

I know a guy who will wait till it starts raining and go out with a sponge and some dish soap to wash his car. Good way to keep your water bill down.

I have a very icey ride the other day. We had a "snow" storm (more like freezing rain) and it covered the cars with snow and a layer of ice. As the days went on, it would warm up and than freeze. I had a set of three or four iceicles, about the width of a quarter, hanging off each one of my wheelwells. It was pretty cool looking and they would drip at stop lights. the whole trunk and hood of the car had a 3/4 inch thick sheet of ice until yesterday (temps reached 45*+).

Sattie, you have a point. I forgot about the principles of aerodynamics. I'm sure the many bird poo's on my car add up to cause quite a bit of resistance, but than again, I have never seen above 15.76 MPG so, until I fix my problems, I'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom