"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: How often do you wash your vehicle?
Once a week. 0 0%
Once a month. 7 31.82%
Once a year. 3 13.64%
When I can find the time. 7 31.82%
Who cares??? I just scrape off the dirt so the lights will shine! 5 22.73%
After it rains. 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Master Chef

How often do you wash your vehicle?

I got to thinking about this because my car is dirty dirty dirty. In fact, the last time my car was ever washed was on October 12th of 2006. I know this because that is when I had the oil changed and all that other hoopla and got the free car wash to go with.

What happened??? I use to be so meticulous in keeping my car clean, washing it every week and getting out the tooth picks and q-tips to detail it. Now I can count on two hands how many times I have washed this car since I bought it in 2004. It just does not seem as important to me as it once did.

How about you guys, can any one out there beat me???? How often do you wash your vehicles???? You got me wonderin how lazy I really am!?!?!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Master Chef

Well I didn't vote because I didn't see any one that truely fit me. It depends on the season for me. In the warm weather probably once a week, in the cool weather it might be everyother (depends on if it needs it sooner because of mud and muck). In the cold winter.........forget about it . So needless to say its a complete mess and I'm embarrassed but not that embarrassed

Oh....and mine probably hasn't been washed since October either ...LOL!

So I vote: Other

Old 02-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

I've owned my car 2 years now. First 6 months I washed it every week. Second 6 weeks it was about every other week. Since then I'm lucky to wash it once a month. I used to do it by hand everytime, now it's happening more and more where I pay someone to do it
Old 02-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Well I didn't vote because I didn't see any one that truely fit me. It depends on the season for me. In the warm weather probably once a week, in the cool weather it might be everyother (depends on if it needs it sooner because of mud and muck). In the cold winter.........forget about it . So needless to say its a complete mess and I'm embarrassed but not that embarrassed

Oh....and mine probably hasn't been washed since October either ...LOL!

So I vote: Other
Sorry about that, I did not even think about that one... when weather permits. It rains alot here in Texas, rather unexpectedly, you can spend hours washing your car one day, then the next it is raining... that is when I call in sick!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarZen
I've owned my car 2 years now. First 6 months I washed it every week. Second 6 weeks it was about every other week. Since then I'm lucky to wash it once a month. I used to do it by hand everytime, now it's happening more and more where I pay someone to do it
HA HA!! When I had my Lexus.. I washed that thing every week... since then I have down graded and I guess that is another reason I am not so enthusiastic about washing my car anymore. I'm like you, I pay someone to do it!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie
Sorry about that, I did not even think about that one... when weather permits. It rains alot here in Texas, rather unexpectedly, you can spend hours washing your car one day, then the next it is raining... that is when I call in sick!!!
In the extremely hot summer.....sometimes I wish so hard for rain so I don't have to water all my plants outside that I'll run through the automatic carwash just pleading for the old wives tell to once again prove me right
Old 02-20-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

about once or twice a year.

i need to wash my truck pretty badly too. you can't tell the color anymore. it's grayish white with salt. i parked on the street in the city everyday, so passing cars and trucks kick up alot of the melting snow that's mixed with salt, painting the car.

i keep the inside clean, but i don't worry about the outside. if you make you vehicle look too nice, or leave anything in the open, you'll eventually get broken in to and robbed.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
about once or twice a year.

i need to wash my truck pretty badly too. you can't tell the color anymore. it's grayish white with salt. i parked on the street in the city everyday, so passing cars and trucks kick up alot of the melting snow that's mixed with salt, painting the car.

i keep the inside clean, but i don't worry about the outside. if you make you vehicle look too nice, or leave anything in the open, you'll eventually get broken in to and robbed.

Ok....I'm officially claiming that excuse
Old 02-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
as I`m not a car driver, that task is left to my Wife, it gets cleaned when it`s due for a service only, and maybe when functionality is required.

I`m an Ex-Biker, and used to clean my bike once a week, but since the crash in 96 I`ll Not be having another, so that`s Me out the picture.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Once every 6 to 8 months...whether it needs it or not!!!

Summer...often
Winter....not so often..

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote