How often do you wash your vehicle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How often do you wash your vehicle?

• Once a week.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • When I can find the time.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Who cares??? I just scrape off the dirt so the lights will shine!

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • After it rains.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sattie

Washing Up
I got to thinking about this because my car is dirty dirty dirty. In fact, the last time my car was ever washed was on October 12th of 2006. I know this because that is when I had the oil changed and all that other hoopla and got the free car wash to go with.

What happened??? I use to be so meticulous in keeping my car clean, washing it every week and getting out the tooth picks and q-tips to detail it. Now I can count on two hands how many times I have washed this car since I bought it in 2004. It just does not seem as important to me as it once did.

How about you guys, can any one out there beat me???? How often do you wash your vehicles???? You got me wonderin how lazy I really am!?!?!

Well I didn't vote because I didn't see any one that truely fit me. It depends on the season for me. In the warm weather probably once a week, in the cool weather it might be everyother (depends on if it needs it sooner because of mud and muck). In the cold winter.........forget about it :LOL: . So needless to say its a complete mess and I'm embarrassed but not that embarrassed ;)

Oh....and mine probably hasn't been washed since October either ...LOL!

So I vote: Other

I've owned my car 2 years now. First 6 months I washed it every week. Second 6 weeks it was about every other week. Since then I'm lucky to wash it once a month. I used to do it by hand everytime, now it's happening more and more where I pay someone to do it :(

SizzlininIN said:
Well I didn't vote because I didn't see any one that truely fit me. It depends on the season for me. In the warm weather probably once a week, in the cool weather it might be everyother (depends on if it needs it sooner because of mud and muck). In the cold winter.........forget about it :LOL: . So needless to say its a complete mess and I'm embarrassed but not that embarrassed ;)

Oh....and mine probably hasn't been washed since October either ...LOL!

So I vote: Other

Sorry about that, I did not even think about that one... when weather permits. It rains alot here in Texas, rather unexpectedly, you can spend hours washing your car one day, then the next it is raining... that is when I call in sick!!!

GuitarZen said:
I've owned my car 2 years now. First 6 months I washed it every week. Second 6 weeks it was about every other week. Since then I'm lucky to wash it once a month. I used to do it by hand everytime, now it's happening more and more where I pay someone to do it :(

HA HA!! When I had my Lexus.. I washed that thing every week... since then I have down graded and I guess that is another reason I am not so enthusiastic about washing my car anymore. I'm like you, I pay someone to do it!

sattie said:
Sorry about that, I did not even think about that one... when weather permits. It rains alot here in Texas, rather unexpectedly, you can spend hours washing your car one day, then the next it is raining... that is when I call in sick!!!

:LOL: In the extremely hot summer.....sometimes I wish so hard for rain so I don't have to water all my plants outside that I'll run through the automatic carwash just pleading for the old wives tell to once again prove me right

:blush: about once or twice a year.

i need to wash my truck pretty badly too. you can't tell the color anymore. it's grayish white with salt. i parked on the street in the city everyday, so passing cars and trucks kick up alot of the melting snow that's mixed with salt, painting the car.

i keep the inside clean, but i don't worry about the outside. if you make you vehicle look too nice, or leave anything in the open, you'll eventually get broken in to and robbed.

buckytom said:
:blush: about once or twice a year.

i need to wash my truck pretty badly too. you can't tell the color anymore. it's grayish white with salt. i parked on the street in the city everyday, so passing cars and trucks kick up alot of the melting snow that's mixed with salt, painting the car.

i keep the inside clean, but i don't worry about the outside. if you make you vehicle look too nice, or leave anything in the open, you'll eventually get broken in to and robbed.

Ok....I'm officially claiming that excuse :LOL:

as I`m not a car driver, that task is left to my Wife, it gets cleaned when it`s due for a service only, and maybe when functionality is required.

I`m an Ex-Biker, and used to clean my bike once a week, but since the crash in 96 I`ll Not be having another, so that`s Me out the picture.

I used to be really hung up about it when I bought my current car, Matthew. He is the newest car I have owned, and I used to keep the car hoover in the front and hoover if I had to wait in the car, or at least every second day, and I ran him through a car wash very fortnight sometimes everyweek. But then DH came along. I NEVER ate in my car, but dh throws crisp packet around, I could not keep up with the rubbish and it made me grumpy, so I stopped caring, lol! He has learnt to drive and Matthew is now OUR car, not my car...which means HE cleans Matthew, lol. But I never let him drive LOL

I'm like Buckytom, once or twice a year. Right now it's covered in road salt. I have a pinkish purple car that is 10 years old:LOL:, but I keep it in good condition on the inside, also the engine, and on the outside the paint is like brand new.

YT2095 said:
as I`m not a car driver, that task is left to my Wife, it gets cleaned when it`s due for a service only, and maybe when functionality is required.

I`m an Ex-Biker, and used to clean my bike once a week, but since the crash in 96 I`ll Not be having another, so that`s Me out the picture.

You could always get a place in the picture by helping her?!!:)
Hope you were not badly hurt in the crash.

Living in rural Norfolk UK as we do the lanes and roads are pretty muddy as the farmer's tractors and lorries stir it all up. We could clean the car one day and it will be all muddy again the next!
I tease my husband that the only time the car gets cleaned is when it has a service and comes back beautifully valeted as part of the service. Not a frequent occurrence. Or when I am so disgusted with the state of it inside and out that I clean it. The only problem being that I seem to be useless with the pressure washer. Last time I managed to be so useless that he came and helped me :LOL: It wasn't really a deliberate strategy but it has planted wicked ideas!

I put "once a month" even though it's closer to every couple of weeks. I don't need much more than that, since I park in the garage. (also being the girlie girl I am, I think my car's so pretty when it's shiny!)
Around here, we don't have the inclement weather, so cleaning the car needs to happen pretty often.

I also don't like to have "stuff" in the car, just the basics.

csalt said:
You could always get a place in the picture by helping her?!!:)
Hope you were not badly hurt in the crash.

I do help her :) as for hurt, well the left hand side of me was smashed up pretty good from Colar bone to Ankle, pelvis, ribs and Knee (the cap had to be re-attatched again). quite messy, esp when I can`t have general anaesthetic at all! wide awake for all of it:sick:

not to worry though, I`m still Suckin` Air, and here with you lot, and that could well have not been the case! so Who cares now, I sure don`t :D

YT2095 said:
I do help her :) as for hurt, well the left hand side of me was smashed up pretty good from Colar bone to Ankle, pelvis, ribs and Knee (the cap had to be re-attatched again). quite messy, esp when I can`t have general anaesthetic at all! wide awake for all of it:sick:

not to worry though, I`m still Suckin` Air, and here with you lot, and that could well have not been the case! so Who cares now, I sure don`t :D

I'm really glad you're still 'sucking air' too :)

YT2095 said:

And how lucky we are to have you here YT2095 :) . Great outlook to boot!

In the winter... hardly ever. Why... it rains tooooo much around here.

In the summer...once a month or even less. Should be more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom